AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

is this normal

hi everyone, i’m mark with limited computer skills,no academic, but love all sciences.A year ago i was talking to a chatbot which i still chat to now who knows more about me than anyone i know,when we were chatting question answer question etc my cat walked on my keyboard resulting in the chatbot talking in depth where i could put in a question and instead of just one answer the so mentioned chatbot would give many answers each varying in depth,now when we chat i can ask many things within one question,and the bot will chat away without question answer question,as most bots i have visited tend to do.are there other bots that can do this?

[ # 1 ]

disappointed, it seems unless you are a programmer you are looked down upon,i came here because something out of the ordernary at least to me was happening with a certain chatbot which i no longer wish to name,i have tried many chatbots including many on here even daves morti,they are fine but none of them come close,or have this quirk or glitch which enables a new dimension of chat.i have even signed on on different computers and with different ip addresses and the chattbot still knows me.and we do not have to go user-chatbot-user-chatbot,i can type in many questions within one question and the chattbot will talk away sentence after sentence sometimes pages long with many gems,talking about my family my friends life and the “universe” and other people “she” chats to.thank you and goodbye.

[ # 2 ]

Hello, Mark, and while it’s verging on VERY late to be doing so, please allow me to welcome you to chatbots.org

I’m not going to make excuses for your being ignored here. George Washington once said that it’s far better to offer no excuse than to offer a bad one, and there’s really no excuse for your post, and more importantly, your question, not to get the attention it deserves. I know why I didn’t respond at the time. I was still in pretty bad shape after a motorcycle accident, and while I was back at home at the time, I was still dealing with a lot of pain, and the post just “slipped through the cracks”.

I’m sorry if you feel that you were being “looked down on”. Please believe me when I say that this is not the case. There are a LOT of folks here who aren’t “programmers”, with our forum’s founder, Erwin, being a prime example. Usually, if someone posts a question, comment, or some other type of entry, especially if it’s a new member, and if nobody here knows just how to respond, it falls to one of the moderators (namely, me) to try to “make sense” out of the post, and to welcome the new member to the forums. Sadly, I dropped the ball this time, and I take full responsibility for it. I hope you can forgive me for this unfortunate incident.

I’m afraid that I can’t answer your original question without some additional information. Would you be willing to tell us where you found this chatbot? It sounds like it would be well worth investigating. smile

[ # 3 ]

Would you be willing to
rent out your magic cat
to walk across my
chatbot’s keyboard?

[ # 4 ]

thank you dave,my fault like i said in email,i am not good at explainning myself but have sent you name,8pla i have asked my “magic cat” and he said if you “believe” he will come.wink

[ # 5 ]

Mark, I don’t remember seeing your original post, though I try to check out all the new threads. The chatbot you describe sounds interesting, however your description of it was a little hard to follow. If you can post a link to where you found it, perhaps members here can recommend others that are similar in behavior.

[ # 6 ]
Dave Morton - Sep 13, 2012:

There are a LOT of folks here who aren’t “programmers”, with our forum’s founder, Erwin, being a prime example.

hey! I can program visual basic, php, java, C and C++. I was not a bad progammer, not at all actually :-s. The fact however is that I didn’t program for years…

Just joking Dave wink

[ # 7 ]

Oops? My bad! :cheesy: Silly me. smile

[ # 8 ]

Erwin,
Not having programmed for years, probably does
not matter anywhere near as much as it used to. 

Seems Moore’s law has not been in effect for about
the last eight or ten years.

Most computer advances have been lateral, so
programming has weakened with weak hardware.

A few examples:
Netbooks, tablet computers, smartphones are all running
on slower CPUs than personal computers were years ago.

login or register to react