AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

guile3d their Little Nana is kind of cute? as a Virtual Assistant. 

She seems a bit too naughty and needy for to represent a Big Company with reputation
but she is kind of cute enough to appeal to those with a big heart and generous soul smile

Virtual Assistant Denise 2012 Guile 3D Studio - Little Nana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHowhDx7D4o

I had much more problem with their other products. Would be nice to know
how well it works to have such assistents on a webpage for a company?

she looks so different that she does not get my Uncanny Valley detector triggered.
So it is more the txt what she is actually saying that comes through as too staged?
Not as spontaneous as I would need for to buy it. But I trust the customer can request
what she is scripted to say.

Do you if there has been any reliable research on how well people accept such as Little Nana?

[ # 1 ]

When you described her as “naughty and needy”, I was expecting something designed for a sexbot. raspberry Little Nana is cute—a refreshing change from the sexualized female avatars you generally see (like Denise herself). I wonder if child avatars are useful in preventing users from trying to “cyber” with chatbots. I know many on this forum have said that they routinely encounter these kinds of conversations.

I noticed the same thing regarding the way she speaks. While pretty fluid in itself, her voice lacks the enthusiasm that some of her words suggest. I can’t wait to see text to speech technologies that adjust according to emotion commands. I feel like it’s the next logical step in voice tech.

By the way, how were you disappointed with their products in the past? I’m watching a few other Guile 3D videos and I’m impressed with the range of functionality. Not sure how good the “chatbot” part of the product is, but as a personal assistant, it seems pretty useful.

[ # 2 ]

Oops heaven forbid anybody get the wrong impression of Little Nana.
Yes she maybe lacks enthusiasm as you say. Now when you remind me
that is how I would express it too. I think Guile do a good job I see them
through a very narrow filter that is from a spoiled position of grumpy old male
that got promised as early as 1955 that we would have intelligent robots
just a few decades in future and only now is there any progress made

so me showing disappointment is not represening real customers.
I am too caught up in my own unrealistic expectations to be fair.

My main personal interest is the Uncanny Valley and what would be needed
for to bridge it or to go beyond it and little Nana being a Cartoon caracter is
on the safe side while Denize due to photorealistic would require a high level
of realism in mimic. I think Denize is good but I am too spoiled to not feel cringe
But I even do that to real humans being too bad actors reading a text in TV.

I trust it is due to my ASD making me too unrealistic about such things.

Okay about “cyber” Denize I agree that is tempting to some of us. Kind of embarrassing.

login or register to react