AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

My situation with my chatbot.

Hello, All!

I was given a chatbot that works in Ubuntu and python and possibly pypython.  It is short and sweet and does a very good job. It has only the python and compiled files in a directory and then a hidden .dic folder. This folder contains all of the aiml files. It has many. It is all written in AIML 1.0. It says it is an Alice chatbot. But it is not a Pandorabot.

Now, I wish to add more functions by adding more aiml 1.0 files. But, they don’t work. I studied about the situation and found that most of the files I am trying to add are aiml-1.0 files, it doesn’t work because I do not have a pandorabot hooked to it which has built in commands.

I wish to put this fine chatbot on my robot and use it as a control program.  I am on a fixed income and cannot afford to purchase another program.  I hate situations where the grammar is all wrong on the reply. It burst the magic bubble. Also, I just need it to get from the console and reply back to console, no graphix needed except terminal window.

What would you do if you were in my situation??

Thanks in Advance,

MovieMaker

login or register to react