AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Robitron Discussion Group

http://www.robitron.com

The original chat forum has moved away from Yahoo Groups. Original ideas, news posts, project diaries, pleas for help, help, all welcome here!

[ # 1 ]

I briefly allowed Tom (8man) to create a phpBB discussion board, but were quickly deluged by hackers. I don’t personally like web discussion interfaces, so I switched to a mailing list only interface at http://robitron.com/mailman/listinfo/bots_robitron.com

For a short while, Tom was Robitron administrator. I hope that levels my karma.

[ # 2 ]

I had sent “8man” an email (to which I should have CC’d you, sorry), offering some advice on how to prevent being overrun by hackers and spambots with a PHPBB-based forum, but it now seems to have been a wasted effort on my part. Drat. downer

[ # 3 ]

Thanks for trying Dave. Chatbots.org is doing a good job. I’m ready for a fresh start assuming that I’m not the most hated person in chatterbots. smile

[ # 4 ]

Frankly, I think that we could probably just make a home for the Robitron discussion group here. I’ll have a chat with Erwin about it, and see what develops. smile

[ # 5 ]

Dave, I don’t want my brand Robitron used outside my own domain, robitron.com. Thanks anyway. We went down this avenue years ago.

What I’m saying is that chatbots.org is already here, and it doesn’t need my trademark to survive.

Thanks,

Robby.

[ # 6 ]

Ok, fair enough. I thought it would be good to offer, at least.

[ # 7 ]

Frankly Dave, I’m surprised you would suggest commandeering my domain name after your reaction to Tom (8man) registering Mitsuku.net and Don’s project name for his own domains.  I’m sure you meant the best, and your excuses for not helping me, only solidifies my distrust of this website.

Am I the only member here who can not leave? I have no control panel here. My password was given to me, and there is no way out!

At first I was flaunted as a famous person who used this website. Then, that was taken down and I am still a member here.

I have posted some things lately, as a prisoner. But I am not a number! I am a free man!

[ # 8 ]

It wasn’t an offer to commandeer the site, but one to provide a place to hold the discussion. There was/is no ill intent with the offer, and it was extended out of a desire to help and nothing else. I humbly and sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred here, and I truly hope that you reconsider your position on leaving. Sadly, the forum software itself does not provide users the means to delete their accounts, and all I can do as an admin is ban you (which is not only useless, as it does not remove your information, but also something I am reluctant to do in the first place).

Regardless of anything else that happens here, please know that I have nothing but respect and admiration for you and the accomplishments and milestones that you have achieved in the field.

However, I do find it a bit disturbing to find that you’re seemingly so quick to assume the worst in me, all things considered, rather than asking for clarification of my intentions. I like to think that I’ve a pretty long and reliable track record of helping folks here, but perhaps I’m wrong about that? I don’t know. downer

[ # 9 ]

I’m not leaving! I like it here. Dave, you’ve been nothing but kind to me.  Please forgive my harsh tone.

I had no idea that people couldn’t just delete their accounts. I’ve seen firsthand what it’s like to keep a site like this secure, and to provide a forum that is still open.

Please accept my apology, and thanks for setting me straight on how things work around here. I’ve been a member here since 2009 I think, but I’m only now starting to get into some of the discussions here. I promise not to be a pest!

Regards,

Robby.

[ # 10 ]

No worries, Robby. I think it was all just a misunderstanding, and (to my mind at least) easily overlooked. And don’t worry about being a pest. I have yet to think of you as such, and I doubt I ever will. smile

login or register to react