AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Harumi

[ # 76 ]

Vincent
Thanks for your suggestion, I actually know that many prefer avoiding any install on their PC because of spyware/virus/trojan… and my personnal site isn’t professionnal enough to be trusted by visitors at first glance.
What is PAD?

[ # 77 ]

Harumi next version coming soon (2 weeks at most)

For the first time, Harumi will be able to “deduct” an answer from her database.
Since the beginning, my main purpose was to find the stimulus with the most words in common with user sentences. This was then upgraded with ghost stimulus, synonyms and frequency of words used in the database.
I’ve now found a way to help Harumi understand sentences where important words are speaded in different stimulus. I use for that “recursive thinking”. Here is how it works :

Suppose you have thousands of stimulus, two of those are :
virtuoz is a french start up installed in california developping chatbots
a start up is a newly created company designed to find new business

Suppose you ask Harumi :
“which newly created company develop chatbots in california?”

With the new incoming version, Harumi will first consider “a start up is a newly created company designed to find new business” as the best stimulus avalaible on first round.
Then she will create as new question “which start up designed to find new business develop chatbots in california?”
and try to find the best stimulus available (beside the one called first round).

Now the best database stimulus available becomes : “virtuoz is a french start up installed in california developping chatbots”

Note that even if this exemple is simple, I’ve here an entry point towards connectivity of datas/stimulus. Moreover, recursivity could involve more than 2 stimulus! And more than one recursive exploration! I already imagine that as long as each recursive exploration increase the pertinence of answer, Harumi could be allowed to explore further…
This is how I could truly get towards artificial intelligence since each words of the sentence could mean far more than a static definition.

[ # 78 ]
Jean-François Battistini - Feb 2, 2013:

Vincent
Thanks for your suggestion, I actually know that many prefer avoiding any install on their PC because of spyware/virus/trojan… and my personnal site isn’t professionnal enough to be trusted by visitors at first glance.
What is PAD?

Jean-François
Sorry for the delay I missed your post

PAD is a standard that allows independent software developers to have their applications published on download sites all over the world automatically. Once you have created a PAD file for your software, you upload it to a central repository. Bots then harvest the information and carry it to literally hundreds of software sites where it will be reviewwd and made available for download. Virus testing is done by the sites themselves giving you an independent seal of approval that your software is malware free. You usually get a little banner to display on your site. Here is a good article with links to places so that you can get started.

http://www.softwarepromotions.com/glossary/pad_file.asp

Vincent Gilbert

[ # 79 ]

New version of Harumi finally online!
New feature : Recursive thinking, as described in precedent post.

[ # 80 ]

Hi Jean-François. I don’t suppose you could answer a question about your newest version, could you?

I recently downloaded it to my computer, and after following the instructions on your website, managed to get it to start up without infinite messages. However, whenever I type anything into the program, I get an error message saying ‘Invalid Argument.’ From what I’ve been able to get it to do without this message, it looks good though, so good job on this. wink

Dan

[ # 81 ]

Hi Dan, you are right
  I didn’t see the bug because it was related to memory file attached to Harumi. My personnal Harumi version has a different memory file, that’s why some bugs goes under radar…
I immediatly corrected the error and upgraded online version. I tested it, no more “Invalid argument” now. Feel free to report me other bugs.
Regards

Jeff

PS : As you have probably figured out, New version today!

[ # 82 ]

Cheers, works perfectly now.

Just need to teach it properly now. raspberry

[ # 83 ]

Hi, I have been having problems trying to download it from your site. Seems it comes back as 1.2 to 1.8 meg(different each time) I was wondering if you could put it up somewhere else I would like to check it out.

[ # 84 ]

Gerald LaMontagne : Sorry but I don’t understand…
As zip files, Harumi English version is 6.93Mo and French version is 6.97Mo
Jeff

[ # 85 ]

when I try and download it from your site it dose not report back the files size, so I only get part of the file(1.2m to 3.5m). I have had a few friends try and download it, and they get the same results. We are thinking it is a problem with our ISP. So we were wondering if you could add a mirror site for it so we can check it out.

I have tried using a few proxy servers, and download managers but I get the same results.

[ # 86 ]

Harumi next release coming hopefully this week end.
Beside several minor bugs, I improved analysis algorithm speed :
Now Harumi will dynamically reorganize her database during discussion. The purpose is to partially sort database in order to put in the upper lines last stimulus triggered by user request.

To make an analogy, try to imagine how your intelligence works. Old memories tend to go deep in the abyss of your brain, just because those “datas” become useless if not stimulized for long time. This is why you need several seconds (or more) to remember an old event . Nevertheless, it’s not always the case. Some old events involving for example strong emotion are often self triggered to the point that even if the initial “recording” was old, it is still easily accessed by your intelligence.

With this algorithm, I noticed that Harumi gets quicker at triggering often used stimulus or recently recorded ones.

[ # 87 ]

Harumi new version released today, one week later because several fixs needed to be done!
Features list in precedent post, more details on my site smile

[ # 88 ]

Sorry Jean but I keep getting DATE related errors. Most people us the MM/DD/YYYY convention yet even so, Harumi is posting ” ‘15/10/2011’ is not a valid date.”

A different error message is a pop-up called Project1 in which it states, ” ‘85955 ’ is not a valid integer value. ”

I don’t recall ever getting these errors in the previous versions.

I would appreciate your assistance / comments.

Thank you!

[ # 89 ]

Art Gladstone : When do you see 85955 error?
Regarding DATA related error, it’s not really a bug, it’s just because Harumi was initially programmed in french where date convention is different from US. (DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY).
I’m planning to upgrade the shedule algorithm before summer.

[ # 90 ]

The 85955 Error happens after the Date Error from time to time. There does not seem to be a set rationale for its occurrence.

‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
6 of 14

login or register to react