AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Verbot ?

[ # 16 ]

Or, maybe Andrew’s implementation will work for you. smile

[ # 17 ]

The title of this tread is “Verbot ?” ..

I use http://verbotsonline.com and like it.  In fact, my VagaBot is the most “popular” verbot online.  ;^)

The animated talking avatar costs in one year what SitePal’s Pandorabots avatar costs in one month.

It is actually a little simpler to use than Pandorabots, though does have certain limitations along the lines of the differences between AIML and ChatScript.

You can find my VagaBot at http://meta-guide.com as well as http://Twitter.com/VagaBot .

[ # 18 ]

Ok, thanks Jan.
Sylvain

EDIIT EDIT
Hello Marcus I’m Sylvain Athéna and Jeanneton creator :0)
It’s true i confirn your bot is excellent.

[ # 19 ]

You may wish to consider (at some point) including version numbers in your app’s file name

Good point. Thanks. It would also help me keep track of all the versions that have been released. I think I can do this from within the build script.

On your downloads page, you state:

“This zip file (wordnet.zip) contains a database that can be copied into the application directory of the chatbot designer”

Do you mean that literally, or did you mean that we should unzip it’s contents to the correct directory?

I might have to reword this a little better. I indeed meant: unzip it to the application directory.
The wordnet db is in ms sql format. I didn’t create it myself, I got it from here. It’s rather big though. Once you have unzipped it and restarted the app, you should have an extra menu item under ‘view/resources/wordnet’.

Also, you mention:

“wordnet’s structure isn’t ideal for AI”

Can you outline for me a structure that would be more useful? I’m sure that, like Andrew is doing with Yago2, I can create a “translation” that you might find useful.

Yes, wordnet has some issues: there’s lots of info missing like verb conjugations. Also, at first, I used to ‘calculate’ the attribute of a value automatically (‘color’ is the attribute of ‘blue’), based on the structure of the thesaurus. This required a specific structure (mostly in the roots) which wordnet didn’t have. Now, I’ve changed this so that you can manually specify what should be used as an attribute (by putting a flag on a thesaurus item, you say that it is the attribute for all of the related words).
I created a different thesaurus with a better root structure and lots of attribute flags already defined, but it’s of course very small at the moment (about 2000 words).
That said, I once imported the entire wordnet db into the network, which I used for stress testing. It also showed a flaw in my import approach/structure that I used, hence the disabling of this feature (didn’t update the import code for the new structure)

About yago2:
I’ve taken a small peek at it in the past and I think it’s possible to use, though I’m not certain. My plan was to put this type of data into asset structures. The pro version already has a menu item to import/export this type of data, but it is one of the 2 final parts that still need work: the asset-editor UI is not yet ready (planned for next week) and the import/export needs more testing.
anyway, the idea was to transform yago data bits into asset files (xml data) and import that into the editor.

[ # 20 ]

Ok now i can see the avatar + animations, great, but no
voice again. An other error message appear when i run
your soft… (basic version) but too much fast, no time to
read it.
I uninstall basic, download Pro version, and install. It’s the
same thing, no voice and an error message too fast to be
read…

Am i the only one to have this trouble ?
Friendly.
Sylvain.

Ps:
When i use
File/New…
Nothing happen… Maybe because it’s a demo version ?

[ # 21 ]

Ok now i can see the avatar + animations, great, but no
voice again.

Voice is turned off by default, press the audio button to turn on (first button)

When i use
File/New…
Nothing happen… Maybe because it’s a demo version ?

File/new should load up a new empty project. If you have an editor open, doesn’t it unload?

The error is something I will have to try out. I suspect it has something to do with a French OS version, but I can’t be certain of that (didn’t get it over here on my testmachine).

[ # 22 ]

Sylvain, couple more questions:
-do you get the error every time you start the application, or only just after installation?
-Does it say something extra in the log-view (in the bottom of the application, if not visible, go to view/tool windows/log)?
-Are you able to load any of the demo projects? (there are shortcuts in the start menu + they are located at {my documents/NND/demos)

(sorry about the hijack, maybe a topic-split?)

[ # 23 ]

Ok, here is error message each time i use Audio Button
System.Reflexion.TargetInvocationException
Etc etc

You wrote:
/*
File/new should load up a new empty project. If you have an editor open, doesn’t it unload?
*/
Nothing happen. That don’t remove Name_age…
French OS version !.... Why not but why ? Anna voice works in
others program… What’s the difference ?

You wrote
/*
-do you get the error every time you start the application, or only just after installation?
*/
Yes, error message appear each time i turn on application.
Ti test, i turn off my PC and turn on it, that changes nothing.
doesn’t work.

You wrote
/*
-Does it say something extra in the log-view (in the bottom of the application, if not visible, go to view/tool windows/log)?
*/
All line is cheked “Ok” except search.
I can read in log window
“Succesfully created new project from template c:\users\user1\Documents\NND\Template\Default.dpl
The problem is, maybe” this path is correct but in English..

You wrote
/*
-Are you able to load any of the demo projects? (there are shortcuts in the start menu + they are located at {my documents/NND/demos)
*/
Yes. I’m able to load any of the demo projects, but same effect,
error message and no voice…

Friendly
Sylvain.

[ # 24 ]

I think I’m starting to understand what’s going on. The error when turning on audio out is captured at the incorrect level, eventually causing the second problem that you have (the file/new doesn’t work). I’ve got a lead on what might be causing the actual error (and an idea for possible further investigations) + I’ll make the audio out more sturdy so that it doesn’t destabilaze the rest of the app.
Anyway,thanks a bunch. I’ll do a new update during the day.

[ # 25 ]

Great, thanks.
Sylvain.

[ # 26 ]

Ok, I’ve done a new release. The error should be caught at the proper level now. I’m not certain about the audio On problem. Give it a try. If it still doesn’t work, could you perhaps tell me which voices you have installed? That way, I can go look for demo’s and install them, see if it has something to do with them.

[ # 27 ]

Doesn’t work (Pro Version Version 0.8.4)

Double clic on your icon
Error message again
I can see your avatar (That open default file, correct)
Now when i use File/New…
that always open Default file and no voice.

When i use audio button i got in log:
Failed to change AudioOut settind: System.formException
etc…

Voices installed
Anna (in win7)
Virginie (French voice)
Sorry.

Sylvain

[ # 28 ]

Could you perhaps make a screenshot of the error message. The last part is the most important for me cause that tells me what’s actually going wrong, the first part says where.
Also, any idea where I could find the Virginie voice, so I can try it out over here?

[ # 29 ]

Hi Sylvain. I did some more researching on the internet and found a reference to the formatException that you mentioned in combination with what’s causing the error (getting the list of registered voices):
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxappcompatprerelease/thread/21eed710-3436-4c58-9c31-ae8e4925d0a2
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/477634/calls-to-speech-dll-do-not-work-when-compiled-under-net-4-0-and-run-on-windows-server-2003
also related:
http://www.eq2flames.com/bugs-feedback-amp-technical-support/75545-actv3-windows-7-tts-not-working.html
It turns out to be something specific to .net 4 (bugger). It’s supposed to be caused by an invalid registry setting of a voice. One place, it says that they got it fixed by uninstalling the voice and reinstalling it again. Not certain if that helps. If you could point me to the Virginy voice, I can try it out over here, see if I can get the registry key fixed myself.

Also, scratch the screenshot, no longer needed.

[ # 30 ]

You can find Virginie’s voice here
http://faq.sodeasoft.com/dwn/RSSolo4French.zip
Or
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/2/2/12246417-CD66-4541-B32B-8CD18E92AAE7/RSSolo4French.zip
No sorry i don’t want to uninstall my voices.
Friendly.
Sylvain

< 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4

login or register to react