You may wish to consider (at some point) including version numbers in your app’s file name
Good point. Thanks. It would also help me keep track of all the versions that have been released. I think I can do this from within the build script.
On your downloads page, you state:
“This zip file (wordnet.zip) contains a database that can be copied into the application directory of the chatbot designer”
Do you mean that literally, or did you mean that we should unzip it’s contents to the correct directory?
I might have to reword this a little better. I indeed meant: unzip it to the application directory.
The wordnet db is in ms sql format. I didn’t create it myself, I got it from here. It’s rather big though. Once you have unzipped it and restarted the app, you should have an extra menu item under ‘view/resources/wordnet’.
Also, you mention:
“wordnet’s structure isn’t ideal for AI”
Can you outline for me a structure that would be more useful? I’m sure that, like Andrew is doing with Yago2, I can create a “translation” that you might find useful.
Yes, wordnet has some issues: there’s lots of info missing like verb conjugations. Also, at first, I used to ‘calculate’ the attribute of a value automatically (‘color’ is the attribute of ‘blue’), based on the structure of the thesaurus. This required a specific structure (mostly in the roots) which wordnet didn’t have. Now, I’ve changed this so that you can manually specify what should be used as an attribute (by putting a flag on a thesaurus item, you say that it is the attribute for all of the related words).
I created a different thesaurus with a better root structure and lots of attribute flags already defined, but it’s of course very small at the moment (about 2000 words).
That said, I once imported the entire wordnet db into the network, which I used for stress testing. It also showed a flaw in my import approach/structure that I used, hence the disabling of this feature (didn’t update the import code for the new structure)
I’ve taken a small peek at it in the past and I think it’s possible to use, though I’m not certain. My plan was to put this type of data into asset structures. The pro version already has a menu item to import/export this type of data, but it is one of the 2 final parts that still need work: the asset-editor UI is not yet ready (planned for next week) and the import/export needs more testing.
anyway, the idea was to transform yago data bits into asset files (xml data) and import that into the editor.