AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

C++ and Wt (Witty) Library

[ # 16 ]

Ye, it’s pretty limited here as well, no servers what-so ever (for regular house-hold usage, you can take a business account, but they are a tat expensive), on the up-side, high-speed cable is pretty common here (it comes with the tv and everyone over here has cable)

[ # 17 ]

It’s the same here, Jan. If I were to get the business package from my ISP (Charter Cable), the cost would nearly triple, with only a minor increase in upload speed and only one static IP address. Besides, if I happen to experience a change in my present circumstances (it’s happened before), my website would go away until such time as I was able to get re-established. Paying for off-site hosting for me is cheap, and it saves far more hassles than it causes. smile

[ # 18 ]

Thanks for the interesting discussion, you guys. As a newbie to the whole subject of self-hosting a website, a lot of this is still over my head, but I’ll do some research online and start getting up to speed. In general, it seems unfortunate that on top of programming a chatbot, a person should have to also be computer savvy enough to host a website. At some point the tech demands will weed out folks who might otherwise be very capable AI thinkers.

[ # 19 ]

Since we’ve been talking about hosting services here, I thought I’d mention another one that I just came across earlier tonight. This is a “cloud” service and it’s based in Australia so it’s probably a lot more interesting to the Australians on this forum than anyone else.

Nevertheless it does look useful and it could also turn out to be fairly inexpensive. Certainly it seems as though it would cost nothing to try it out as there is a promotion running at the moment which gives new customers $25 credit per month for two months.

http://ninefold.com/

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react