AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum
Chatbots 3.2 Conference - Philadelphia March 31, 2012

This year marks the third annual Chatbots 3.x conference to be held in Philadelphia on March 31, 2012.
Building upon the success of Chatbots 3.0 and 3.1 and our earlier Colloquia on Conversational Systems,
the Chatbots 3.2 conference brings together leaders in the chatbot field.  Our speakers will presenton a variety of topics in technology, law, business and research.

The Chatbots 3.x conference has become the premier conference for chatbots, virtual assitants, and artificial intelligence avatars. This year promises to be an exciting year because of all the developments in mobile apps.  Following the successful launch of Apple Siri in 2011, a number of projects are underway to develop alternative mobile A.I. assistants.  Several of the presentations will describe these latest developments in mobile chatbot technology.

Our co-host Francis Taney Esq. will once again give an “Ask the Lawyer” presentation.  Those interested in submitting their questions are welcome to contact us (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) in advance, and we will forward them to Mr. Taney.   This is a great opportunity to ask questions about business law, intellectual property issues, and the State, U.S. and International laws and regulations that affect the chatbot industry.

As in previous years, the conference presentations will be videotaped and distributed on our Aimlinstructor Youtube channel.

There will be an all-conference dinner on Saturday night in Philadelphia.

This year’s speakers include:

• David Newyear - Mentor Public Library - Cybersphinx and Infotabby
  • Francis Taney - Buchanan Ingersoll - Legal and IP Issues for Botmasters
  • Dr. Richard Wallace - Pandorabots - Phone Actions with AIML
  • Karsten Flügge - Pannous - Jeannie for Android and iPhone
  • Adeena Mignogna - Riot Software - TDB
  • Marcus Endicott - Meta-Guide -  Open Chatbot Standards for a Modular Chatbot Framework
  • Noah Petheridge - Fonality - RiveScript
  • Robert Medeszka - Zabaware - TBD
  • Chris Shaw - Haptek - Emotive Avatars for Mobile Apps
  • Steve Worswick - Square-Bear - Using Databases with AIML
  • ...and more

Register before March 1 and take advtage of Early Registration for $100.
http://chatbots32.eventbrite.com/

[ # 1 ]

I’m not making any promises at this stage in the game, but I think I’ll be able to make this one. I’ll just have to work out the logistics. smile

[ # 2 ]

I hope you can Dave. I am giving a presentation and it would be great to see you in person.

[ # 3 ]

I’ll give it my very best effort, mainly because so many folks that I’ve chatted with in the field, yourself included, will be there, and I’m certain to learn a great deal. smile

Hey, Erwin, think you’ll be able to make it? cheese

[ # 4 ]

I wished I was not so far away on the"left coast”, otherwise I would love to attend.

[ # 5 ]

Don’t feel bad, Laura. I’m in the same boat, geographically. But I’ve missed the first two, and I’ll be darned if I’m going to miss this one. smile

Maybe we should lobby Rich into planning the 3.3 conference in SFO next year. smile

[ # 6 ]

We would love to host the conference in other regions.  Finding an affordable venue to host the event is a big challenge.  We’ve had the benefit of using a first class conference facility provided by our cosponsor Buchanan Ingersoll, and that has helped keep the costs to a minimum.  Now the “Philadelphia Conference” has become a bit of an institution.

[ # 7 ]

Oh, don’t mind me. smile While it would be great to be able to attend a conference on the west coast, it makes much more sense to hold them in the eastern US anyway, since most of us are either already there, or live overseas. A west coast conference would cost the vast majority of us a LOT more money to attend. Laura and I will just have to make due, I’m afraid. raspberry

BTW, thanks to some very generous “donations” with lodging and transportation, I can now confirm that I WILL be attending the conference. I’m really looking forward to meeting the other attendees from chatbots.org, and I hope to come away from the conference with new ideas and fast friendships. cheese

Laura, if you like, I’ll bring you a T-shirt. smile

[ # 8 ]

T-shirts are a good idea.

[ # 9 ]

Although I am not physically able to attend this year’s conference, I am timing the release of “My Marie”, the open platform browser based Internet Assistant to this year’s event. There will be a peek preview or two prior to March 31st, but the full public beta release of My Marie will launch in honor of this year’s Chatbot 3.2 conference. 

[edited by Dave]
I moved this post to the appropriate thread, and altered the date to reflect the correction Laura made in a different post here. I hope nobody minds. smile
[/edit]

[ # 10 ]

Wonderful, Laura! I’m looking forward to it! smile

[ # 11 ]

Final List of Speakers:

David Newyear
- Mentor Public Library - Cybersphinx and Infotabby
Francis Taney - Buchanan Ingersoll - Legal and IP Issues for Botmasters
Dr. Richard Wallace - Pandorabots - Phone Actions with AIML
Karsten Flügge - Pannous - Jeannie for Android and iPhone
Adeena Mignogna - Riot Software - TDB
Marcus Endicott - Meta-Guide -  Open Chatbot Standards for a Modular Chatbot Framework  
Noah Petheridge - Fonality - RiveScript
Robert Medeszka - Zabaware - TBD
Chris Shaw - Haptek - Emotive Avatars for Mobile Apps
Steve Worswick - Square-Bear - Using Databases with AIML
Ron C. Lee - Pasadena City College - Developing Chatbots for Language Learning Purposes
John Lewis, Ed.D. - Explanation Age - The Explanation Architecture for General Intelligence

[ # 12 ]

Chatbots 3.2 Conference in Three Weeks!

Chatbots 3.2 Conference
Saturday, March 31, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (ET)
Philadelphia, United States

Chatbots 3.2

Who: Bot creators, commercial users, enthusiasts, scientists, students, and the press are invited.

What: Chatbots 3.2 Conference

When: Saturday, March 31, 2012

Where: Suite 3200 (32nd Floor) Two Liberty Place, 50 S. 16th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102

Why:  Chatbots have been adapted to nearly every ecological niche on the internet. Bots appear on web pages, in instant messaging, and respond to email and forum posts. They can be found in Second Life, in online games, and in social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.  Increasingly bots are turning up in mobile applications and texting.  Bots support marketing and advertising and are used in education.  This conference brings together leading experts to discuss their ideas and present the latest technologies and trends in chatbots.

Speakers:
• David Newyear - Mentor Public Library - Cybersphinx and Infotabby
• Francis Taney - Buchanan Ingersoll - Legal and IP Issues for Botmasters
• Dr. Richard Wallace - Pandorabots - Phone Actions with AIML
• Karsten Flügge - Pannous - Jeannie for Android and iPhone
• Adeena Mignogna - Riot Software -TDB
• Marcus Endicott - Meta-Guide -  Open Chatbot Standards for a Modular Chatbot Framework  
• Noah Petheridge - Fonality - RiveScript
• Robert Medeszka - Zabaware - TBD
• Chris Shaw - Haptek - Emotive Avatars for Mobile Apps
• Steve Worswick - Square-Bear - Using Databases with AIML
• Ron C. Lee - Pasadena City College- Developing Chatbots for Language Learning Purposes
• John Lewis, Ed.D. - Explanation Age - The Explanation Architecture for General Intelligence

[ # 13 ]

Final list of Speakers and Presentation Titles:

David Newyear - Mentor Public Library - Cybersphinx and Infotabby
Francis Taney - Buchanan Ingersoll - Legal and IP Issues for Botmasters
Dr. Richard Wallace - Pandorabots - Phone Actions with AIML
Karsten Flügge - Pannous - Jeannie for Android and iPhone
Adeena Mignogna - Riot Software -  I, Zoe:  evolution of an AIML chatbot
Marcus Endicott - Meta-Guide -  Open Chatbot Standards for a Modular Chatbot Framework  
Noah Petheridge - Fonality - RiveScript
Robert Medeszka - Zabaware -  AI in Politics
Chris Shaw - Haptek - Bridging the Mind-Body Gap
Steve Worswick - Square-Bear - Using Databases with AIML
Ron C. Lee - Pasadena City College - Developing Chatbots for Language Learning Purposes
John Lewis, Ed.D. - Explanation Age - The Explanation Architecture for General Intelligence

[ # 14 ]

I’m going to be making up a few T-shirts for myself for the conference. I’m not sure how many I’ll be bringing (no more than a half dozen, probably), nor how much they’ll be costing me (still waiting on the estimate), but if anyone is interested, I may have a couple available for sale. You can see what the T-shirts will look like here.

As soon as I know more, I’ll post the details.

[ # 15 ]

Steve, Dave: WOW, you’ll both be there!!!! That’s awesome! Promise me that you’ll make a picture with the two of you!!

I’ll keep on using all Chatbots.org revenues (for the advanced business memberships over here: http://www.chatbots.org/companies ) for new website developments. As you might have seen, it is accelarating right now, so probably and hopefully I can be there next year!

1 of 3

login or register to react