AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Where to begin? -Huge goals-

I’ve set out and learned how to code AIML, and build basic chat bots on pandorabots, but I’ve got goals larger than that. I need help from the chat bot community. Basically, what I want to design is a bot that acts more like a personal assistant than a chat buddy. Not-so-basically, I am working on learning enough about robotics to build a brain for my car that would allow it to see and understand roadway conditions so it can drive itself (ultimately based off of Google’s Driverless car, not purely my coding… for the sake of other drivers!), but also to have an intense UI that would allow the Driver… er, I mean… passenger communicate with the bot by voice telling it to execute commands, such as map a route, launch a GPS, switch from manual to automatic driving, be a buddy on long car rides, provide general facts about things, etc. Of course, I don’t see this all coming together any time soon, and I also barely have enough know-how to sound somewhat intelligent on this forum, BUT! I still want to give building its brain a shot. ...Even if that means never having the car learn to drive. I want to know what some of the botters out there have to say about sources that I can visit and learn from, as well as methods that might help make the bot intelligent.

Thanks! -Greg

[ # 1 ]

I would probably start by taking the Sebastian Thrun course on programming a robotic car:
http://www.udacity.com/overview/Course/cs373/CourseRev/apr2012

[ # 2 ]

Oh! ...That’d probably be a great place to start. I’m now enrolled and taking notes. Thanks!

[ # 3 ]

> http://www.meta-guide.com/home/ai-engine/vehicle-telematics

I’ve got a Meta Guide webpage full of resources on “Dialog Systems in Vehicle Telematics” (above), which may help; let me know if I should add anything!

login or register to react