AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Editing lockdown?

Greetings,

As much as I enjoy being a member here and being able to pick some brains, make new friends and such, there is one main thorn that keeps “jabbing” me from time to time.

For reasons unknown to me and perhaps several others, we have an inability to be able to edit our own posts after, I don’t know for sure, maybe a half hour or such.

I do know that the next day after a posting, I re-read it and realized that I had a typo. While typo’s might not seem to be the “end of the world” as we know it, typos can often leave the gist or even the main premise of one’s message missing or flat! Sometimes we think faster than we type, leading to omissions and other mistakes.

A lot of people try to take pride in the ability to express themselves on a public forum. Unlike some, I write on the fly…that is, I do not read through a posting then while offline try to craft a witty response to post when back online. With me it’s WYRIWYG (What You Read Is What You Get).

If there is a really good reason for limiting the members’ ability to edit their own posts, I’d be interested in reading it. Hopefully, things are secure enough so only the original poster is able to edit his or her own posts (aside perhaps, from an Admin if need be).

While I don’t expect the management / staff here to bend any rules in my behalf, an explanation would be most appreciated.

Flying by the seat of my keyboard, I remain,

- Art -

login or register to react