AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

I would like to make a ChatBot out of the Daz 3D Studio woman I created.

Greetings,

It has been over a year since I have been here.
I would like to make a chatbot out of a woman I created in Daz 3D, you can see what I came up with on YouTube if this is allowed here ( I should have checked):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY62_467edo&feature=share&list=ULDY62_467edo
I not only want her to chat with me, but I would like her to move around, like a game, on commands. This would be only for private use, so I would not need a license, right?
Is this possible for a beginner?
Thank you very much!

Gordon

[ # 1 ]

Hey, Gordon.

While I’m certain that it’s possible to do what you’re asking about, I think that you’re going to find some challenges that may be quite difficult for a ‘beginner’ to get past. For example, in order for you to be able to use some sort of commands to tell your model how to pose and what to “say” at any given time, you’re going to need some sort of 3D interface, and that interface will need to be compatible with your model (or, more accurately, your model will need to be compatible with the 3D interface you’ll be using). Once you get that part taken care of, you’ll need to work out some means of giving your chatbot’s motion some sort of context to her output. After all, you don’t want your chatbot to shake her finger angrily when she’s making a joke, do you? Of course, you’ll also need to have some way to synchronize her text output to her facial movements, giving her realistic “visual speech”, as well. These are all very challenging tasks, even for someone who’s experienced in such matters, and is quite likely too much for a beginner to do all at once; but it is possible. It would just take a lot of time, and require learning a LOT of new skills, and will require obtaining software you most likely don’t have yet.

[ # 2 ]

Also, Daz is very restrictive in their licensing. You are allowed to use 2d images or movies, but using the 3d models or 2d for erotic content has other restrictions.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/gamedev/start

[ # 3 ]

Good point, Merlin. I’d forgotten to address the licensing issues. My bad.

login or register to react