AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

How do I start wtih an online application

I’m currently building a web application for the management of schools, teachers, students, classes, lessons, and exercises. I live in Korea and teach english here.

I’ve been working in mysql, php, javascript,  ajax, and html of course. I also have roughed together an sql based word and phrase dictionary that I plan to make a foundational resource for a lot of my downstream functionality.

AI is an aspect that I want to explore for this learning application, and for other reasons. I would like to test some three trac temporal, trend oriented cognitive models that I’ve had in mind for quite some time.

I read of a platform called JAIL, and wonder if that would fit my preliminary needs as far as getting my feet wet. Considering my skill sets (listed above), would JAIL be appropriate, and what other options might also be? Are there tutorial directories accessable here, or where might I go to get traction?

[ # 1 ]

Hi there, Jeff, and welcome to chatbots.org! smile

That sounds like a great project, and you’re in a bit of luck, since the gentleman who created JAIL happens to be a regular member here, and I expect that he’ll be chiming in at some point soon (maybe even today) with some answers for you. I’ve only briefly examined JAIL, myself, so I’m afraid I can only offer words of encouragement at this point, but if you sit tight for a short time, I’m sure that Merlin (the guy I was referring to earlier) will be along shortly. smile

[ # 2 ]
Jeff Rogers - Oct 5, 2012:

I read of a platform called JAIL, and wonder if that would fit my preliminary needs as far as getting my feet wet. Considering my skill sets (listed above), would JAIL be appropriate, and what other options might also be? Are there tutorial directories accessable here, or where might I go to get traction?

Hi Jeff and welcome to the community. I haven’t logged in in a few days, sorry for my delayed response.

JAIL (JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language), is a private framework I developed to make creating and deploying chatbots easier. Currently it is not available to the public, only for commercial chatbot activities.

It looks as though you already have an interesting start in your project based on your other thread. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

login or register to react
‹‹ Introduction      Start? ››