AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Layman’s Bot from grounds up

Well, myself NickyBlue from India. First of all me not formal programmer like most of you here nor I have any code as for such now. But sure I have some free time and interest in designing some NLP/NLU based bot. My language skills are Intel Assembly, C, and little bit of C++ etc… I mean just formal one but I think its far more than enough for my current interest or whatever current objective I have in mind. But to tell you truth it just a hobby thing or good way to time pass. I don’t mean it in wrong way. Just my English not so good so pls do forgive my literal error or lack or vocabulary.

Presently I am just interested to try some idea of my own or rather to build a idea of my own regarding this thing. Core engine I mean without any other external modules. I think everybody here or lots of other places on net had already had develop all those things so I wud better be stealing some of their code if need arise. wink Just kidding! I don’t have any such intention ...smile. And I want to develop it like dll module to be used within other personal software’s or somebody else might find it interesting to use it for himself. Anyway since its just out of curiosity or hobby interest that bring me here so it doesn’t matter even if it completes or not as far I enjoy working on it.

I intend to build my own database using C or C# instead of using SQL or something like that for granularity and speed consideration. Neither I intend to use AIML or XML format as my basic storage database. I most probably wud like to use those formats for import, export purpose or some external use but don’t intend to base my database on it. Reasons for not using them is basically they are data transport protocols or formats, if I learned right yesterday at some site wink. But leaving these literal meaning aside. I think since XML format being a simple text file, is not that flexible or efficient when you have to update or modify records in your multi-link database in real-time during program run. Second major obstruction wud be its size - probably quite large which just increase other overheads without provide any major benefit. I just intent to compile various e-text into it. wink I dunno if it’ll work but that’s what I intend to find out or wanna play with. 

Reason why I want to start it here is that, here I find lots of experienced ppls discussing various related topic. And since I am novice and dunno know much about programming or AI thing or have ever encountered any such problem in my life. So your experience might help me keeping on the track wink. Or these topic might work like books for me wink. And yeah I really don’t want to disturb any of you in your discussions or anything but just thinking of creating a topic in some corner of this forum where to write whatever comes to my mind or prepare database format or design core logic for its analysis engine whatever it might be called. So basically blog wud have been better but I won’t find such proximity anywahere so ...umm u c.  And more if any passerby find something funny might like to drop one more line to give me the clue whats wrong about it. Something like that. smile And sure if somebody wanna discuss something I wud be more then oblige to answer best to my abilities but pls no indirect talking! ... I had some very bad experience about this world as a whole. If you not understanding what I am saying then you need not to or else I intend to ..this is not the place I choose to discuss such matters. I will when I think I need to and I know the place. others just forget it assuming me to be a nerd. I won’t be able to explain it to you this time. So lets enjoy our time here and if need arise we can talk honestly ..anything ...np. 

Thank You.

login or register to react