AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Installing chatscript on ubuntu server 12.10

I am new to chatscript. Can someone give me a tutorial on installing it on Ubuntu Server, and how to access it with a client. I tried to install it but I got a permission denied error under root access. I assuming this is because I was using 64 bit version, and will have to rebuild it.

[ # 1 ]

the executables delivered in chatscript2.97 are for 32bit Linux.
But you’ll need to make them executable chmod +x
Then it should just run if executed from the main directory.
Normal clients would be a custom webpage you used, but a demo client exists if you run another copy of the system as
./LinuxChatScriptOld client=localhost:1024   I think, once the host server is running

[ # 2 ]

What is the last build for Linux 32 bit?

[ # 3 ]

[ # 4 ]

That you, I’ll freeze there until I’m ready too move my VM’s to 64 bit.

I’ve been building a 32 bit VM (Ubuntu 14.04), with Php / Nodejs connections to an on board Openfire server, giving the bots communications across a few transports and a few other capabilities.

I’ve been attempting too automate Some of the bot building process by using Mysql tables of questions, answers and topics and have intentions to release the VM for general play after I stabilize it.

Cheers,

[ # 5 ]

I’ve only been able too find back too 5.61b on sourceforge, 5.71a is there but just a maintenance release I assume.

Thanks,

[ # 6 ]

why don’t you want the 5.71a release, by “definition” it is somewhat better than 5.61b

[ # 7 ]

I did download the zip, but it only seems to hold updated files,not a complete install. I would not want too create a system that was out of sync, you know files from distributions with uncoordinated and potentially none functioning upgrades not matching. There were no LinuxChatScript32 executable in that zip, and the last seems too be 5.54 that I have, at least that is what version is reported when I run it local in ubuntu.

My current focus is on understanding 1 good engine, Chatscript, then building interfaces from the environment (multiple people, other data sources) that could be used by the engine to it’s limits, which would build up a bot.

Automating some of the growing up process would bring non technical people into the grow process and give the bot facets my single view could not. For instance, my grandfather interfaced with all of his large family in individual ways. He said things too me he would never say too my sisters, so we all touched different parts of his ‘Personality’. To simulate him, I would need too recreate some of things that built him, so too speak.

To get hundreds of diverse people scattered about the planet to contribute to my project, I hit on creating a closed social network, replacing Twitter, Facebook and a few others with open source tools that interfaced with them, yet had capabilities too draw on family memories.

Ambitious project, but based on my successes so far, achievable.

Any direction you could give me would be appreciated.

My current major open source stack includes uBuntu - Openfire - Elgg - Nodejs.

Cheers,

[ # 8 ]

I downloaded that zip, it does have LinuxChatScript32 executables and is a complete zip release.
It is smaller than others sometimes, because sometimes I leave around junk that is not needed, like I compile the visual studio version, and I forget to erase the unneeded sdf symbol files it generates. So I’m confused why you think it does not contain LinuxChatScript32 at the top level.

[ # 9 ]

Hmmm, I will download a fresh copy when home and get back to you.

Thanks,

[ # 10 ]

Ok thanks, I am now running 5.71 in DEV (Windows) and QAT (uBuntu). It appears either my previous download got corrupted or Winrar glitched on unpacking.

Cheers,

[ # 11 ]

Hai everyone . I am beginner in chatbot technology. I wanna create chatbot which run on my local server. I need your help from where to start for building my chatbot. what are all stuffs needed for that.?

login or register to react