AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Paid ChatScript Consulting vs Free ChatScript Support

From time to time I get asked if I do consulting in ChatScript. The answer is yes, at $120 an hour.  That is scripting or engine modification. I don’t really do creative writing (despite having written Suzette), so if you want character development and writing for your bot, my wife Sue charges $60 an hour for that (+ either you or me writing appropriate script for her stuff).

A lot of what I provide is free maintenance and support.
So when is it consulting and when is it free maintenance/support?

If you suspect you have found a bug in the engine, I will confirm and fix it at no charge.
If you want an enhancement to the language/engine and I think it is easy enough and of general value, I will do that for free, though you may not get a guarantee of a timeline for when. If you have a question about the language, how to do something, etc, and I can answer it off the top of my head, then it’s free.  Things that don’t take much of my time are free. Things of universal value are often free.

Conversely, if what you want is for me to analyze and comment on your code, write you code, debug your code, that’s consulting. I can consult from 1 hour on up.  Typically If you ask me ENOUGH questions that it starts chewing into my time, then it will become consulting, but that takes a lot of questions.

For consulting arrangements, you say what you want done and a max hours, and I typically do it in less.

login or register to react
‹‹ Garbage Input      Espeak for chatscript ››