AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Superbot 3.0

Hi everyone, I’m here today to announce that the ALICE AI Foundation has released a completely new Superbot product, version 3.0.

The Superbot is a development kit for creating your own unique bot. You use the Superbot to create your own bot character’s personality. The bot you create can run on any standard AIML platform, including Pandorabots and CallMom.

Superbot 3.0 Key features

[ul][li]Simplifies building mobile, voice-activated virtual assistants.[/li]
[li]
Includes top 10000 sample inputs from conversation logs.[/li]
[li]
Includes top 6000 input patterns with sample responses.[/li]
[li]
Includes 2800 AIML reductions.[/li]
[li]
Edit AIML in Excel or other spreadsheet editors.[/li]
[li]
Includes Java program to convert between AIML and CSV format.[/li]
[li]Supports AIML 2.0 tags.[/li][/ul]

Using a spreadsheet editor, you can organize the AIML categories by activation count, <pattern>, <that>, <topic>, <template> or file name. You can edit the bot responses, or choose to keep the sample responses provided with the Superbot. Once you are happy with the result, you can convert your spreadsheet files to AIML and run the bot.

More info: http://www.alicebot.org/superbot.html

[ # 1 ]

Thanks for the info, Rich. I’m sure it will prove useful. smile

BTW, I’ve edited your post so that the <pattern> tag is no longer invisible. smile

[ # 2 ]

Every now and then, I recommend Superbot to companies.

[ # 3 ]

What us the difference between superbot and pandorabots? Or is it just a downloadable version?

[ # 4 ]

The Superbot development kit and the Pandorabots server are different but complimentary.

Let’s say you want to create a chat bot character and publish it on the web.  You need two things:

1. The chat bot character, written in AIML
2. A place to publish and host your AIML bot so that people can connect to it.

The Superbot development kit is a tool that makes the process of bot creation more efficient.  The Superbot kit by itself however cannot run the bot.

Once you’ve created a bot character, you need a hosting service to run your bot and make it available to the world.  Pandrabots hosting is one such service that makes it easy to publish a web based bot.

[ # 5 ]
Richard Wallace - Jun 16, 2013:

The Superbot development kit and the Pandorabots server are different but complimentary.

Let’s say you want to create a chat bot character and publish it on the web.  You need two things:

1. The chat bot character, written in AIML
2. A place to publish and host your AIML bot so that people can connect to it.

The Superbot development kit is a tool that makes the process of bot creation more efficient.  The Superbot kit by itself however cannot run the bot.

Once you’ve created a bot character, you need a hosting service to run your bot and make it available to the world.  Pandrabots hosting is one such service that makes it easy to publish a web based bot.

Just adding:
A third option may be to run Superbot on a localhost (IP: 127.0.0.1).
This option may make it possible to run Superbot by itself privately.

[ # 6 ]

Thanks Richard and 8PLA,

Now I understand it a bit clearer. I got confused by the product name, which sounds as if you get a bot and not “just” an AIML script. It sounds very interesting especially for creating commercial bots.

login or register to react