AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Neat site!

I’ve been into bots for years, dabbling with AIML, NLP, and other types of chat automation. I’m pretty critical of the current state of the art, but not (I hope) in a bad way. I have lots of theories about where intelligent chat needs to come from, and I’m currently experimenting with neural networks that operate on ordered binary graphs.

I’ve been looking for an active forum like this, and I’ve tried a couple times over the years to start up sites, but never garnered more than a couple IRC buddies, and things petered out pretty quick.

I’m hoping to learn and maybe chip in with what I’ve picked up over the years, and eventually get a winning bot in some of the big competitions.

Glad to be here!

[ # 1 ]

Hi, JRowe, and welcome to chatbots.org! smile

New ideas, and fresh perspectives are always welcome, and don’t feel bad about being critical of the “current state of the art”, because many of us are, too (not me, though. I’m just here to learn, and to keep the spammers/flamers at bay. cheese). Please feel free to look through the place, and if you see something that interests you, don’t hesitate to chime in with your views. If you have questions about anything in particular, just let us know.

[ # 2 ]

Chatscript looks awesome - I’m looking for a scriptable bot framework, and it looks like it does almost everything I could possibly want. I’m looking at ^import/^export as a way of linking to external code,  or maybe just implementing a lua based ^scriptlet() type extension and try to keep things centralized.

One of the things I like is the capacity to flesh out a bot in the traditional way - trigger/response scenarios, but you still have the flexibility to craft more nuanced responses with custom functions and logic.

login or register to react