AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

unknown-word

Can I have a responder pick up a sentence that contains an “unknown-word” ?

I tried using ~unknownword

Thanks

[ # 1 ]

I am not sure if I understand what you are looking for, but if you want a responder that just captures words you don’t care about, try this at the bottom of your topic:

u: (_*)

if you want the first word that was captured, it is in this: ‘_0

if you have no use for what the user has typed in, use empty brackets:

u: ()

[ # 2 ]

I imagine he wanted to capture words that were not, in fact, recognized. Hence the reference to unknown-word, which is a member of the concept:  ~unknownword.

However, Ed, you need to supply an example input since some words you think are unknown, may get spellchecked into something else.

[ # 3 ]

Using :prepare I’ve verified that the words I expect are classified as either ~unknownword (e.g. sheplack) or unknown-word (e.g. XLR33).

Indeed, I want to capture those words when none of my responders match or when users enter similar words which I haven’t prepared for.

Thanks

[ # 4 ]

You have said that prepare markes it as ~unknownword correctly.
And indeed in 3.0 it works completely for me… so I need the rest of your code. Here is mine:

topic: ~test( ~unknownword)
u: (_~unknownword ) ‘_0 was unknown

I added that topic to simpletopic.top and tested with input:

flabjumb

[ # 5 ]

Yeah, with your confirmation I’ve played more and see now that sheplack sometimes is spell corrected to she pluck, so your code (that I had) works, but I hadn’t noticed it with the tried examples. I don’t understand yet why only sometimes it’s spell-corrected, but I’ll fix that.

And it turns out I can do

u: ( unknown-word )

for cases like XLR33. I hadn’t tried it.

Thanks!

PS Clearly I had a mix up when I first posted
” ...an “unknown-word” ?
I tried using ~unknownword”

login or register to react