AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Introduction

Hello everyone!

Although I have been browsing this forum for a week or two, I am new to chatbots & AI in general and have much to learn. This seems like a nice little community and one of the only active ones I could find. It seems as if most forums on AI are dead or is there just not a lot of interest in the topic? Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you.

[ # 1 ]

Hi Chad,

I agree fully with you:
This forum is a really unique one.
Lots of know-how, respect and collaboration.

Do you have any plans concerning chatbots and AI?

Best

Andreas

[ # 2 ]

Hi and welcome.  Do you have a bot or some form of AI?  If so, what kind and give us a link.

[ # 3 ]

Welcome Chad smile

Yes this is a nice forum.  I don’t usually do this here, but as we are a partner forum and you had trouble finding active sites…. Give us a try at Ai Dreams too.  We are an active forum for AI/Robotics and all manner of related stuff :

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php

Have fun smile

[ # 4 ]

Hi Chad and welcome to the site.

I see you’ve already met Roger, our resident spammer (just kidding!) tongue rolleye

[ # 5 ]

LOL !

[ # 6 ]

Hi there, Chad, and welcome to chatbots.org! smile

I see that some of the others have already sent greetings, so I’ll just say that if you have any questions, comments or ideas about chatbots or AI in general, you are both invited and encouraged to share. This community is filled with people who love to share their expertise and experiences, and we’re always open to new ideas. I also encourage you to take a look through some (or all, if you want, though that’s a pretty ambitious thing) of the past threads here, and if you see something that you would like to comment on, please feel free to do so. smile

[ # 7 ]

I haven’t really started any projects yet. I think I am going to start out with a simple chatbot since it seems like it would be the easiest. After some research however, there is a lot more that goes into chatbots than I had originally thought. For those of you that have chatbots, how long have you been working on yours?
——————————

Andreas Drescher - Feb 16, 2013:

Hi Chad,

I agree fully with you:
This forum is a really unique one.
Lots of know-how, respect and collaboration.

Do you have any plans concerning chatbots and AI?

Best

Andreas

Thunder Walk - Feb 16, 2013:

Hi and welcome.  Do you have a bot or some form of AI?  If so, what kind and give us a link.

——————————

@Roger - Thanks, I’ll check it out.

@Steve - LOL

[ # 8 ]
Chad J - Feb 16, 2013:

For those of you that have chatbots, how long have you been working on yours?

8 years and counting and I still find things that need correcting with it every day. Be warned, making a chatbot that is halfway decent is a very time consuming activity.

[ # 9 ]
Steve Worswick - Feb 16, 2013:

Be warned, making a chatbot that is halfway decent is a very time consuming activity.

Very true, but well worth it. cheese

[ # 10 ]

Wow! That is dedication. Is your time spent more on programming and creating new algorithms or on teaching and training your bot?

Steve Worswick - Feb 16, 2013:

8 years and counting and I still find things that need correcting with it every day. Be warned, making a chatbot that is halfway decent is a very time consuming activity.

[ # 11 ]

It is all spent on teaching and training. The basics behind any chatbot are pretty simple but it’s the constant reviewing the logs and teaching the bot how to answer better that takes up all the time, for me anyway.

@Dave - most definitely

[ # 12 ]

Hello and welcome grin

Vince

login or register to react