AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

E.D.D.I. - An Eco-System for Chatbots

Hi everyone,

my name is Gregor Jarisch and I am leading the development of a chatbot SaaS Service for seven years now. We have decided that it has reached a level of quality so that we would like to share our achievements with the community. The idea is to allow interested botmasters and developers to use and contribute to the project and of course use it for their own purposes. At the moment we are preparing it to be “community ready”. The plan is to open source it when we got there.

It is not connected to AIML or any other scripting approach. This software, E.D.D.I. (Enhanced Dialog Driven Intelligence), has been developed from scratch with the focus on the use in enterprise applications as well as the ease of connecting it to other resources (such as databases). The most outstanding features are: it is highly extensible (plugins), very flexible in dialog structure and allows sharing of knowledge between bots.

Speaking of the technical part:
* Java / EE
* JAX-RS
* Resource- / REST-oriented architecture
* NoSQL (MongoDB)
* HTML, CSS, Javascript, JSON

Knowledge and behavior can be defined via a Web UI.

If you have an interest in helping us to turn this project into a successful community project, we would love to hear from you. If you already have your own projects/ideas, let’s talk about how we can work together.

We believe there should be a lot more meaningful bots out there serving people. By introducing a platform which provides an Eco-system to cover several problems a bot designer comes across, we hope creating and maintaining chatbots will be much less of a pain in the future.

We lately have made a little promotion video: http://vimeo.com/62160400
It doesn’t say much about the software itself, but gives an idea about the direction..

Feel free to comment. I am looking forward to collaborate with some of you.

Gregor

[ # 1 ]

This looks very interesting Gregor! Is there a WebUI available where we can try your system?

Regards,

Vincent Gilbert

[ # 2 ]

Yes, there is a web UI, but it is not public yet.
Nevertheless, I can create an account for you and others who are interested. Ideally, I would introduce the workflow to you (via skype for instance), since the web UI is not fully self-explanatory yet.

Let me know if that would be ok for you.

[ # 3 ]

Hi there, Gregor, and welcome to chatbots.org. smile

I’m currently up to mu neck in “outside projects” right now, but I’m certainly interested. There’s an avatar image of me in the left column of the page that has a means to contact me via Skype, if you’re interested in doing so. I may not be able to do much for the next few days, but hopefully after… smile

login or register to react