AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Need help with my chatbot, CAKE.

I’ve been working on my chatbot, CAKE for a few years now, and I need help integrating certain things.

I want to be able to say, “Search (whatever)”, and the page will come up, no need for a link. Then I can integrate this for youtube, google images, what have you. I’ve tried experimenting with javascript and it hasn’t worked at all. Any help?

[ # 1 ]

Hello, Steven, and welcome to chatbots.org. smile

I’m sure that the help tou need can be obtained here, but you’ll need to provide us with a bit more information than you have, so far. Things such as whether your project is web-based or a stand-alone app/program, which programming language it’s written in (is it written entirely in JavaScript, by chance), and perhaps other details, as well, will help us to determine how best to help.

[ # 2 ]

Right, sorry. It’s hosted on Pandorabots, it’s obviously coded in AIML. smile

I’m having trouble integrating things with JavaScript, such as opening a webpage with the need of a link, and finding the weather, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

[ # 3 ]

Here’s the link: http://pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=f6e0b3f02e34490e

As you can see, when you press enter, you can’t just continue typing, because it’s not selected. Do you know how to fix this? Is it something about the HTML?

[ # 4 ]

Ijust tried out the page in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and it works for me in both browsers. Out of curiosity, which web browser are you using when you see the problem?

[ # 5 ]

Sorry, I JUST fixed it. I found an example and copied it and modified it. I also found a JavaScript thing that fixed my problem. Say search (whatever) or youtube (whatever) and you can use it as a homepage. I’m adding a defining thing as well.

[ # 6 ]

Great! Let us know if you have any other questions. We have several members here who are skilled in the area. smile

login or register to react