AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Multiple questions in the same input

Hello,

if I have 3 different patterns/questions, a b and c and their respective responses (A B and C),

what if the user decides to ask them all in one sentence?

I know I can do something like this:

(a) A
(a ... b…) A B
(a… b… c….) A B C
(b…c…) B C

but it seems a bit clunky way of doing thing/// lots of redundancy in writing this out,

what is the best way to do this (beside just saying something like “Please state your questions one at a time”?)?

[ # 1 ]

While Harry’s control script is only set up to answer a single question in a single sentence, answering multiple questions being spread out over multiple sentences is an easy change to that script. But you want multiple questions in a single sentence. That’s a serious problem because you have to ignore that you have an answer and keep processing. Whether this makes sense depends on what your chatbot does.

One way to do what you want is to limit the behavior to a single topic.  In this topic, you would need to both put out a matching answer AND keep on processing.  that means the rule needs to explicitly fail ^fail(RULE)  but the output needs to go out ^print(.......) .  Such a topic would generate answers for everything it matches, and then when it leaves that topic, the rest of the system would behave normally (doing nothing if some answer has been found or generating a quibble or whatever if none were found).

[ # 2 ]

Thanks makes a lot of sense

login or register to react