AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

NoRepeat counter

(Adv User Manual) “the system monitors what it says, and won’t repeat itself (even if from a different rule) within the last 20 outputs”

I’d like to edit that counter to a smaller number. Can I easily do it?

Can I reset it upon logoff (I have a responder to log out)?

Thanks

[ # 1 ]

Chatscript doesn’t itself have a concept of logoff, only of logon (start conversation).
I can give you a function to clear the history which you can apply at start conversation, so it’s the equivalent of logoff.
And if this function is “preserve the last n history lines”, then that would serve 2 purposes. You can clear it at convo start by keeping 0, and you can for every volley clear it to keep just your smaller number. Will that do?

[ # 2 ]

I was hoping the counter was just a constant a could edit in the src. I don’t need it to be variable and give the system unnecessary processing at each volley, but, I guess that function would work.
In fact, with smaller number I’m probably referring to a 1.

[ # 3 ]

It is a constant in src, if you want to compile your own version. But the “work” involved will never be noticeable in the processing and if you can avoid your own versions of src you will be MUCH better off in keeping up with new changes in CS.

[ # 4 ]

yeah, I know.
Thanks!

login or register to react