AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Live hangout being broadcast on Youtube at 2pm

There will be a live Google hangout by Head Squeeze Productions as part of BBC Worldwide here at 2pm UK time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx4hkHCgjg&feature=youtu.be

It will feature Hugh Loebner, Richard Wallace, Bruce Wilcox and me. Mitsuku will also be present to take viewer’s questions.

[ # 1 ]

Correct me if I’m wrong.

That would be 9 AM Eastern Daylight Time
8 AM Central Time
7 AM Mountain Time
6 AM Pacific Time

[ # 2 ]

Not sure but here in the UK it is now 13:08, so it starts in about 50 minutes. I just hope Mitsuku performs ok. It will be a great trial run for the actual contest though.

[ # 3 ]

Wow, that would be in 5 minutes from now? I stopped by the forum just in time it seems smile Good luck Steve & co!

[ # 4 ]

Bravo Steve, and bravo to the people who put it all together.  It looked like a technical nightmare… I’ve seen lesser efforts go awry.

I hope there will be recorded video available.

[ # 5 ]

That was a good show, well done everybody!

The hangout was recorded and is already available for replay at the same link in case you missed the live broadcast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx4hkHCgjg

[ # 6 ]

It was good fun. I’m just glad Mitsuku was working and managed to answer a few of the questions! Good to meet Bruce in person to. That was the first time we had chatted.

[ # 7 ]

That was awesome! Well done, everyone!

I find it odd that only Hugh gave out a plug for chatbots.org, though. raspberry cheese

[ # 8 ]

There was a spate of chatbots related hangouts about a month ago and quite a few of us met each other for the first time. I can’t speak for the others but I found the experience so inspiring that I’ve been programming non-stop ever since in the hopes of having something worth demonstrating soon. I hope you’ll be able to join us next time.

[ # 9 ]

@Dave I tried to give it a plug in the chat window during the broadcast but it wouldn’t accept the link so I had to type it as chatbots dot org.

[ # 10 ]

Sorry Dave but we were under strict instruction not to advertise as it was produced as part of the BBC Worldwide servce. I managed to slip one in for mousebreaker.com but didn’t dare do it again smile

[ # 11 ]

Just teasing, Steve. smile

@Andrew, I’d love to get together for another hangout. Hopefully my schedule will allow it next time. smile

I’m sorry I missed the actual hangout this morning (had to settle for the recording). Technical issues on my desktop computer have been filling up my morning. downer

[ # 12 ]
Andrew Smith - Sep 12, 2013:

That was a good show, well done everybody!

The hangout was recorded and is already available for replay at the same link in case you missed the live broadcast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx4hkHCgjg

Thanks for the link, Andrew.  That was fun to watch!

login or register to react