AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Taking a Short Sabatical

I’ve been noticing more and more over the past few weeks that I seem to be developing all of the classic symptoms of “Job Burnout”, with respect to practically everything that’s computer related. This has gotten to the point where it’s almost unbearable to sit at the computer for even a couple of minutes, and what used to be a joy is now an object of dread, so I think it’s time for me to take a break.

The last time I did this voluntarily (I’m not counting my bike wreck last July, since that wasn’t my idea), I didn’t let anyone know, and that caused a lot of concern which I don’t want to repeat, so I’m letting you all know this time.

I’ll be spending at least a couple of weeks away from the computer, catching up on much needed relaxation time, and working on projects around the house (namely, this year’s Christmas Village). I plan on using this time to not only recharge my batteries and get some stuff done around the house, but also to carefully examine the direction my life has taken lately, and to work out where I want it to go. Hopefully it’s just a small “course correction”, and won’t involve “stopping to pull out the map”. cheese

Anyway, if I’m not back by halloween, someone needs to send out the search dogs. raspberry

[ # 1 ]

Take it easy Dave and get rested up. The next big thing is the Funniest Ever Computer challenge in November which you are in, so you have plenty of time for a rest in the meantime. The boards will be still be in good shape when you return.

<—puts on moderator’s hat and laughs manically MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!! vampire (oops sorry, did I say that out loud?)

[ # 2 ]

Have a good time, Dave : )
Best
Andreas

[ # 3 ]

I know the feeling, my brother.  You’re involved in so much, and you’re so good at it all, that I’m continually amazed how well you endure, and for as long as you do.  I venture to say that you won’t be gone as long as you expect.  I find that the great outdoors… even just getting out of the house… does wonders.  And then, of course, there’s Rock ‘N’ Roll. smile

[ # 4 ]

Can you break the code?

W o o   h o o !   O u r   f r i e n d   D a v e ,   i s   j u s t   a   m e m b e r
n o w ,   s a m e   a s   m o s t   o f   u s !   H e y ,   D a v e ,   a s   a
m e m b e r   y o u   c a n   g o o f   o f f   a   l i t t l e . . .  
T o   g i v e   t h e   n e w   m o d e r a t o r   a   l i t t l e  
s o m e t h i n g   t o   d o .    

Answer Key:

Woo hoo! Our friend Dave, is just a member
now, same as most of us! Hey, Dave, as a
member you can goof off a little…
To give the new moderator a little
something to do.

[ # 5 ]

Everyone needs some time out of the box once and a while. Chop some trees, fold some origami, read some books (not about computers!). Enjoy smile

[ # 6 ]

Yeah me too, always good to have a break from computers once in a while - enjoy your break Dave smile

[ # 7 ]

See you later. I am looking forward to the pictures of this years Christmas village.

login or register to react