AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Scripts I workout stop working, then i have to reinstall chatscript to get them to work…???

Sometimes when I build my bot in chatscript it won’t execute dialogue i have scripted for it. I don’t know if it is having trouble jumping topic files or if the problem is in the control file or something. However, a quick reinstall fixes it. the script is correct, it just doesnt work all the time, anyone know why? here’s a link to my current project. maybe u can poke around in there and see whats up?
thanks alot guys, peace

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oa9qwh6cwtnir8c/MikeKernel.rar

[ # 1 ]

will get back to you soon.  You should NEVER need to reinstall chatscript. You may just need to type :restart after doing a build.  but I’ll see.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks, wasn’t sure if it was my builds or what.  I’d like my build to be totally reliant on itself

[ # 3 ]

Reinstalling ChatScript really only has the following effects:

1. you get the HARRY TOPIC folder again, so your build can start from a safe place. Sometimes a build corrupts the folder and then you get a warning you need to empty it and build again

2. you get an empty USERS folder. Your user data after a build may not match what you changed. You can either empty the users folder yourself, issue a :reset user, or :restart and log in as a new person. 

Those are the only anomalous things you might need to do.  I have improved the chatbot recovery after a build, and on next release maybe that will improve things. I will look at yours and see what I see.

[ # 4 ]

email me your email directly so I can send you comments that are not globally interesting.

E.g., in your filesMike.txt file you reference Mike/QUIBBLE and it should be Mike/QUIBBLE/  to get all files in the directory.

[ # 5 ]

I don’t know what you are expecting the system to do.
If I ask it what is your favorite color, it answers ok. It answers from the ~color topic because your ~logiccontrol topic has no keywords that could direct it there. The topics you do have generally don’t have gambits, so my initial test is jammed on the first gambit of ~introductions.  it responds from there, which is to be expected because
1. it starts in that topic (as the bot definition says that is the active topic to start).
2. the first gambit is not allowed to die because it has keep() repeat() on it.

login or register to react