AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Loebner Prize 2014

Does anyone know if / where / when the Loebner Prize 2014 will be held? I have googled it several times but cannot find an announcement yet. I am keen to get my entry on time this year smile

[ # 1 ]

November 15th at Bletchley Park again. I haven’t seen any further details apart from that though.

[ # 2 ]

I looked on loebner.net and there is nothing yet about 2014. Was the announcement about Nov 15th made at the 2013 competition? If so I wouldn’t know about it as I wasn’t invited to the 2013 competition smile

[ # 3 ]

Yes it was made at the contest in Ireland last year. Hugh also posted it on the Robitron Yahoo group if you are a member there. No details about entry dates or anything else yet though.

If I hear anything, I will be sure to post it though.

[ # 4 ]

No word on entering yet, but I found the event cleanly scheduled at Bletchley Park, now on November 22nd.

[ # 5 ]

No one told me.  I thought it was supposed to be 15 November.  There will be an official announcement soon.  I’m waiting for the account information for the bank to which I’m going to transfer the prize money.

[ # 6 ]

Oh, well, nothing that can’t be amended, I’m sure. It’s nice to see Bletchley Park secured either way.

[ # 7 ]

It’s a shame the competition won’t be held there tomorrow, because that’s when I’ll be at Bletchley Park. but I’ll enjoy the visit, with or without chatbots. smile I’ll be sure to post some pictures on Facebook.

[ # 8 ]

Would you mind posting the pictures in the Google+ community too, if it’s not too much trouble. (I closed my FaceBook account a while back.)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117236447102577073584

Enjoy your working holiday!

[ # 9 ]

I hadn’t thought of that. Of course!

Oh, BTW, somehow I lost a day. Today is when I’m going to Bletchley part. Oops? smile

[ # 10 ]

It seems that Google+ does not like the fact that I’ve got a lot of images to upload. I was able to get a ~FEW~ put up 9though not of Bletchley park) this morning, but not very many. I’ll try to get a small number of the ones I took today, but I don’t fancy the idea of spending over an hour uploading a half dozen images.

[ # 11 ]

Gee Dave, it’s a shame you didn’t bring Morti with you as you could’ve gotten a head start on the competition! smile

[ # 12 ]

Morti’s always with me, Art. That whimsical little TaruTaru lives in my heart. smile

[ # 13 ]

Looks like the contest is to be held on the 15th November 2014 according to the amended Bletchley Park website. Has anyone heard anything about dates for entering?

[ # 14 ]

I eagerly check loebner.net (almost) daily but nothing yet. I must say I’m a bit puzzled by the whole process, I would have thought because it’s Hugh Loebner’s prize the announcement should appear on his website first of all. Anyway it gives me some time to try to bring the Uberbot up to the high level of last year’s entries.

[ # 15 ]

Loebner Prize update.

The contest will be held on the 15th November at Bletchley Park under the auspices of the AISB.

I have transfered to the AISB $36,000 to a dollar account; $25,000 + the Silver Medal to cover the possibility that some one might win the Silver Medal (not likely, but they wanted to cover the possibility)  $10,000 + a Bronze medal to cover the expected Bronze Medal Prize + expenses, and $1,000 to cover monthly banking fees a foreign dollar amount.

I expect the AISB to post information regarding dates, addresses, etc.  The Loebner Prize Protocol will be used, at least for this year.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4

login or register to react