AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Super noob here. Need help in developing a chatbot in Program AB

So I’m looking into program ab for developing a chatbot app for android. But I’m lost and now have no idea how to start developing. So if anyone can point me to the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Are there any tutorials on program ab?

[ # 1 ]

> http://code.google.com/p/program-ab/

AFAIK, Program AB is a commandline program.  Normally, you would run a commandline program on a LAMP stack, for instance on the desktop, basically a Linux machine.  (I haven’t had good luck running Linux commandline programs under Windows, yuck.)

Once you’ve got the thing running on your desktop, you can then push it to the cloud, for instance to Heroku.

I firmly believe the best way to ramp up your AIML learning curve is to first make an AIML bot on Pandorabots, for instance using “open source” AIML intelligence, like the Free A.L.I.C.E. AIML Set.  You could then apply that AIML to your Program AB.

[ # 2 ]
Marcus Endicott - Mar 5, 2014:

> http://code.google.com/p/program-ab/

AFAIK, Program AB is a commandline program.  Normally, you would run a commandline program on a LAMP stack, for instance on the desktop, basically a Linux machine.  (I haven’t had good luck running Linux commandline programs under Windows, yuck.)

Once you’ve got the thing running on your desktop, you can then push it to the cloud, for instance to Heroku.

I firmly believe the best way to ramp up your AIML learning curve is to first make an AIML bot on Pandorabots, for instance using “open source” AIML intelligence, like the Free A.L.I.C.E. AIML Set.  You could then apply that AIML to your Program AB.

Would it be easier to use RebeccaAIML or just continue with program AB? Which would be a much efficient way to develop a chatbot?

[ # 3 ]

The advantage of using AB is that you can use the new features in AIML 2.0

login or register to react