AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Heartbleed Security Vulnerability Alert!

No, this post is ~NOT~ about AI, or chatbots, or any of the topics we normally discuss here, but this information is important, and quite likely affects you (yes, you!) directly, so please read, and take this to heart.

Over the past week, there has been a growing buzz about a security vulnerability called HeartBleed. It affects just about every website out there that uses OpenSSL, and that’s a lot of sites, since OpenSSL is the most popular open-source cryptography library on the internet. If you visit a site that starts with HTTPS, then chances are that site’s been affected.

“Ok, fine, but what does that mean to me?” That’s a fair question, so let me inform you with a few links:

1.) What is HeartBleed
2.) What Sites are Affected (NOTE: This is far from being a comprehensive list, though the article links to other, more complete lists)
3.) What can I do to ensure my security
4.) Can I see if a site is vulnerable
5.) Is there anything I can do to stay safer

As you can see, much of my information comes from Kim Komando, who has good information about almost all things computer related. I’ve followed Kim for over a decade now, and have never been disappointed with her information.

Personally, I’m taking this as a wake-up call, and will be changing some habits as a result. If you’re not at least a little anal about your security, then maybe you should consider making some changes, too.

login or register to react