AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

AIML files testing

hello every one,im new to this forums.does anybody knows how to test AIML files?i have downloaded some AIML files(learn,bad answer),i use pyaiml to test these files but when i load the files i have some errors including several unexpected tags errors but im sure that experts like mr worswick & dr wallace who created these AIML files dont have any mistake in their codes and files.so does anybody knows how to test these AIML files

any answers would be appriciated grin

for the record im a 14 year old kid so please if you post any text please write simple answers

sorry for any grammar mistakes because im from iran(sorry).

[ # 1 ]

https://playground.pandorabots.com/en/

I found this very useful. It’s free, and it supports AIML 2.0.

[ # 2 ]

You can test the individual AIML files for not only being valid AIML, but also well formed XML with my AIML Validation Tool. The script will examine your AIML files, and either let you know that they’re valid, or give a detailed list of what’s wrong with them. If you use the tool and have questions, feel free to post here and I’ll help you work through the list. smile

PLease note that while the script was written with Program O in mind, it will work for ANY AIML 1.0 file.

[ # 3 ]

My learn and badanswer files will only work with interpreters that support the <learn> and <eval> tags, as they allow the bot to set up new categories by itself. Does pyaiml support these tags?

*edit* Good to see one so young getting involved with chatbots. Good luck with your project and please post back if you need any help at all.

[ # 4 ]

The Pandorabots Playground not working for anyone else right now? I can log in and access my bot, but it doesn’t respond to any input at all (doesn’t even give an empty response, just no response).

[ # 5 ]
Steve Worswick - Sep 26, 2014:

My learn and badanswer files will only work with interpreters that support the <learn> and <eval> tags, as they allow the bot to set up new categories by itself. Does pyaiml support these tags?

*edit* Good to see one so young getting involved with chatbots. Good luck with your project and please post back if you need any help at all.

thank you mr Worswick,wich interpreters does support learn & eval tags?

[ # 6 ]

The only one I am aware of is the Pandorabots server interpreter and Program AB. However, Dave may be able to say whether Program O does.

[ # 7 ]

The current version of Program O does support those tags (sort of), but not in the same way that Pandorabots does, and not very well. This is one of the things that will be addressed in a later version of the script, but that’s still a ways off. I wish I could provide better news, but… downer

[ # 8 ]
Dave Morton - Sep 30, 2014:

The current version of Program O does support those tags (sort of), but not in the same way that Pandorabots does, and not very well. This is one of the things that will be addressed in a later version of the script, but that’s still a ways off. I wish I could provide better news, but… downer

thank you mr Morton for your reply,i tried to download your “AIML Validation Tool” program but the download link was crrupted.do you have another download link?

[ # 9 ]
Steve Worswick - Sep 30, 2014:

The only one I am aware of is the Pandorabots server interpreter and Program AB. However, Dave may be able to say whether Program O does.

thank you mr Worswick again,i registered on pandora bots and its a very useful site and interpreter but when i open the playground it loads completetly but the playground page is blank for me.do you know a solution for that?

[ # 10 ]

Is it totally blank, like a white page or just shows that you have no bots there?

[ # 11 ]
Steve Worswick - Oct 1, 2014:

Is it totally blank, like a white page or just shows that you have no bots there?

its a blank page.

[ # 12 ]

Strange. I know the site is still in its infancy and so might still have a few bugs. Have you tried contacting Pandorabots support?

[ # 13 ]

I’m not entirely certain what you meant there, Karen. The validation tool isn’t available as a “stand alone” download. The link I gave was to a working version of the tool, where you select an AIML file from your computer for the tool to validate. The tool then checks that file to see if it’s both “well formed XML” and valid AIML (by checking against a set of rules for AIML structure, called a DTD). You can download the validation tool as a part of Program O, however. smile

[ # 14 ]
Steve Worswick - Oct 1, 2014:

Strange. I know the site is still in its infancy and so might still have a few bugs. Have you tried contacting Pandorabots support?

i dont think they can help me because im far away from them.is play ground very useful(do you have a screen shot?)?

[ # 15 ]

It’s all internet based so distance shouldn’t be an issue.

1 2 > 
1 of 2

login or register to react