AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

how to reset the topics without using a :command

Is there a way to reset the conversation to its beginning without issuing a client command?

I’ve got my authorizedIP set so that commands can’t be entered on the server. But it might be nice to have a way to revisit the conversation and start over now and again.

I like the way topics go away and don’t repeat during the initial conversation, so I don’t want to change that behavior.

Robby.

[ # 1 ]

Sure, from script there is ^reset(TOPIC *)  which resets all topics without changing user variable contents and
^reset(USER) which “destroys” the existing user and restarts a new conversation from scratch.

[ # 2 ]

I use the reset all topics if a user reaches the end of all gambits and the system has nothing to say on its own

[ # 3 ]

not to mention you can execute most : commands from script using ^eval

[ # 4 ]

Thanks Bruce! That’s great. I got the server working on AWS EC2, just to see if I could do it. Now, to go back and read the advanced topics documentation.  When I see this coming up in the docs it’ll make more sense now that I’ve actually encountered the need. I’m using a modified Harry to learn how to do things. I got through the basic manual up to about variables and then I wanted some hands-on.

I’ve talked to Rose several times. We get along great. She’s a real work of art that you and Sue have created.

[ # 5 ]

modifying harry for practice is definitely the way to go.  Have fun.

[ # 6 ]

I’ve got to add some more dialog before I reset the topics on Harry! smile

login or register to react