AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

How to implement a Chatscript bot that talk Spanish

[ # 91 ]

Hi Bruce, thanx for your support
I sent you my log, and modified harry files to your email
I tried putting my word “mañana” in REGRESS\ebmanana.txt file
I call it via :source and it worked, but if I put an slightly modified word like “mañama” and call it via :source, the engine does recognize it as “mañana” I mean it doesn’t make the spell check, please correct me if I’m doing something wrong, I really need the speel checking, it’s crucial.

So far the spell checking only has work if I put
concept: ~spanishnouns NOUN ( mañana)
at the top of my harry topic file.

Isn’t any way to get the console getting the foreign character input, so I can spare the process of creating and calling the :source *.txt file????

Thanks Advanced Bruce.

[ # 92 ]

Console output display is fault of microsofts visual studio, not under my control.  but that has no impact on input and using :source.  Your keyboard is not generating utf8 characters on input.

As for spell checking, I will research and get back to you.

[ # 93 ]

New version up. I tested a spanish dictionary with manana in it, and added childhood.top to my test bot. Childhood has manana as a keyword but there is no concept defined to add it additionally to dictionary. Misspelling manana to manama correctly got fixed. You can watch the spell checker make decisions using :trace spell.

[ # 94 ]

Hi Bruce, a really appreciate your support, thanks n merry christmas

I have one doubt about the console output display, in version 5.8d if I put at the top of my modified harry .top this…
concept: ~spanishnounss NOUN ( áéíóú)

I can directly test the mañana word in the console, without the need of the :source and it work fine, but as soon as I remove those concepts from the .top file, the mañana word will only work by using the :source

So microsofts visual studio issue is not allways present? please correct me if Im wrong.
Thanks Advanced. merry xmas.

[ # 95 ]

having NO concepts defined of yours, just your childhood topic, and using the keypad form of input, I can type in
ma ALT-0241 ana and it correctly recognizes it (and the input characters display correctly.  I can equally type in
ma ALT-0241 ama and it spell fixes to the correct word.  So the concept is unneeded when the DICT has your word

[ # 96 ]

Hy Bruce, thanks for your support, sorry for the long delay

I created a mini spanish DICT with 1500 words
I downloaded the CS 5.92, copy its HARRY folder in order to create my MODIFIED HARRY bot
it does detect the mañana word directly typed in the console, and if I type “meñana” it correct it as “mañana”, but not if I type mañama, either if I type máñana (using the first letter “a” with tilde) why it doesn’t correct “mañama”? is very usual to mistype close keys in the keyboard like “n” with “m”.

also its very rare, but I cant “:reset user” anymore, it the MODIFIEDHARRY bot just keep saying “I don’t know what to say” when I type :reset user. Know I using “:reset” alone, why is that???
I can do :build MODIFIEDHARRY, but I can’t :reset user

Many thanks for your support Bruce, I’m very grateful, merry xmass, I will perform further test this afternoon
THanks Advanced.

[ # 97 ]

Shipped you direct via your email my “spanish” minidict and a test to run.

Will release new CS tomorrow…. try :reset then

[ # 98 ]

Hi Bruce, thanks for your support, happy new year

sorry for the long delay, I finally crafted a kinda simple spanish dict with the most used words,
I downloaded CS 6.01a and try it, first I noticed filesharry now is placed in RAWDATA and no in top level like before (manual still says it’s placed in top level, please I don’t mean to complain, just hope it could serve you as a feedback)
Then I noticed there are two folders for the dict files, BASIC and ENGLISH, I earsed the content of both folders and placed my “a.txt” file in the BASIC folder (“a” is my DICT) Is it ok if I have 3000 words from a-z in that single “a.txt” file??
Then I tested mi “mañana” word, but it didn’t recognize it, then I tried to add the concepts…
concept: ~spanishnounss NOUN ( áéíóú)
concept: ~spanishnounss NOUN ( amigo)

at the top of the chilhood.top file, but when doing that and then test it, the CS engine displayed a message saying that those words were already in the DICT file, so I erased the concepts.

I also tested the word “amigo” and it worked, but it didn’t spell correct when I typed “anigo”, why is that??? please Bruce spell check is crucial.

Thanks for your support again Bruce, Thanks Advanced.

[ # 99 ]

I have fixed documentation. filesxxx were moved to RAWDATA to clean up the top level a bit.
The dictionary used by CS is in ENGLISH.  To use basic (which you are not doing), you’d have to rename it ENGLISH. Basic is for use on mobile (a smaller dictionary).

Yes you can have all your words in a single file. CS doesnt care (though it will note the missing letter files when it tries to load first time).

[ # 100 ]

Hi Bruce,
So I don’t need to delete the contents of DICT/BASIC, I only have to deleted the contents of DICT/ENGLISH right??? and I must place my “a.txt file in DICT/ENGLISH right?

please Bruce tell me, what about the spell correction, why CS isn’t correcting “anigo” for “amigo” (it means friend in spanish)??

Thanks for your support Bruce
Thanks Advanced

[ # 101 ]

Yes replace English with your a.txt file
As for why anigo isnt spell fixed to amigo, I can’t say at present. If i use anigo into regular chatscript, it does adjust it to another word (not amigo), but I fixed spelling evaluation and so now it does correct to amigo even in regular english.
So i’d have to have you send me your a.txt file and give me a log file to know.

[ # 102 ]

Hi Bruce, thanks for your support,

I emailed you a short version of my spanish DICT, I still got many slangs to add to it, hope to hear from your tests,
thanks again Bruce.

I have many doubts about the correct way to create a spanish DICT…
- what does COMMON2, COMMON4 mean?
- does “comparative=dirtiest” or “conjugate=eaten” can be used in spanish DICT? or I can spare that part?
- I’ve noticed that in the english DICT there are words called like phrases, like “all_important” or “awe-inspiring”, can I use phrases-like words in spanish to?
- does posdefault:NOUN mean about the postagging? does it has use for a spanish DICT?

Also Bruce, in my DICT a have add the infinite form of some verbs, Im wondering if I just can put all the verb conjugations (usefull for irregular verbs) in the DICT itself, or what would be the best way to do it, so CS can then tell the difference between… “ya te envie” (“I already sent you”) & “te enviare” (“I will send you”)

Also I don’t quite remember where to change the diminutives
in coloquial spanish slang, users usually interchange these letters: ch-x | qu-k | c-k | do-o
diminutives: ito ita, azo, aza, aco, aca

Thank you very much for your support Bruce, is a big task to me, thanks again.

[ # 103 ]

I forgot other diminutives: on
like….. “olla” (means “pot”) - “ollon” (means “huge pot”)
in coloquial spanish slang, users usually interchange also these letters: b-v
in spanish the “h” is mute, so its usually spared, like… “ahora” (means “now”) can be spelled “aora”

[ # 104 ]

Hi Bruce,
I downloaded the CS 6.1d version
and I noted some stuffs
I need to delete the contents of DICT/BASIC, and DICT/ENGLISH and place my “a.txt” DICT file inside DICT/BASIC, otherwise CS will crush just when is running chatscript.exe
Once my “a.txt” DICT file is inside the DICT/BASIS and CS is running, it detect my spanish words without making any concept in the childhood.top file.
But I can’t get CS to detect the mañana or áéíóú words, I have saved my top files in UTF8, and I have even tried to call them using the :source file but when doing so, CS says the source file doesn’t exists, why?. CS 5.92 was detecting the mañana word, why 6.1 can’t? Thanks Advanced.

Please bruce help, thanks for your support.

[ # 105 ]

The DICT/BASIC directory is NOT used by CS, ever. It is just a holding place for content that can be moved over to DICT/ENGLISH if one wants a small dictionary for mobile apps.

You have to remove ALL the contents of DICT/ENGLISH and then put your a.txt inside of DICT/ENGLISH

‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›
7 of 17

login or register to react
‹‹ Web interaction      Why no direct_so query? ››