AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Program-O and AIML 2.0

Is Program-O compatible with AIML 2.0 ? Or when Program-O could be compatible with AML 2.0 in future?

[ # 1 ]

The current version of Program O isn’t yet compatible with the AIML 2.0 specification, but I ‘m working on just that for version 3, along with a new matching algorithm and storage system to make it more efficient and reliable. Sadly, with my current schedule I don’t have a lot of time to really get into it, so it’s been put “on the back burner” for a while now. I wish I had better news that that, but… downer

[ # 2 ]

Hi Dave.  It would be nice to know what AIML version Program O is compatible with.  It would be good to see it in the github readme file.  just a suggestion.

[ # 3 ]

Hi, Andrew. That’s probably not a bad idea. Currently, Program O supports the AIML 1.0.1 standard. There have been plans to add support for AIML 2.0 for a while now, but development has stalled in that respect, and I’m more or less at a loss on how to proceed with it.

[ # 4 ]

What’s the reason it has stalled?

[ # 5 ]

Frankly, it’s because these days it’s just me doing the coding, and ever since my accident in 2012, it’s become extremely difficult to concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes at a time. Sadly, I don’t think this will be improving anytime soon. downer

login or register to react