AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

printing out server setup info with : command

Like current working directory, list of bots it sees, etc.  This would be useful to me when I’m embedding it in other applications and don’t yet know the runtime details.  Ie, when I’m in unity figuring out where the CS library is trying to read things.

Does it exist?  Couldn’t find anything in the manual but I might have missed it.

[ # 1 ]

There is no such command at present.

There is no notion internally of a list of bots it has. Just the default bot, and if you name a bot and it has an outputmacro corresponding to that, it is a bot.

current working directory—-  I could add that command.  What else would you want?

[ # 2 ]

Just a the present working directory or something would be all I needed.  The list of bots isn’t necessary. 

I don’t want to create a bunch of work for you and it’s not an emergency, it’s just proving difficult to figure out exactly where it’s running and expecting it’s files when it’s embedded and something else bundles it up to run.  If I knew the running directory I could troubleshoot the bundling and get the supporting files in the right place.  I have had some success pointing the startup directory to a absolute path, but that won’t work obviously in a bundled app.

Maybe also general server info like what version of chat script, etc would be nice to have, but I can’t think of anything special I actually need besides that darn running directory.  This obviously isn’t a problem when you start the server yourself stand alone, but a dll running in the unity engine on mono bundled who knows how…. I just switched to the Unity 5 beta, so what little I knew about Unity is now suspect.  smile

[ # 3 ]

The next release has :directories, to display path to the exe, current working directory, and override directories for embedded cs. Already you have some system variables like:
{"%dict",Sdict,"String - when dictionary was built"},
{"%engine",Sengine,"String - when engine was compiled (date/time)"},
{"%os",Sos,"String - os involved: linux windows mac ios"},
{"%script",Sscript,"String - when build1 and build0 were compiled)"},
{"%version",Sversion,"String - engine version number"},

[ # 4 ]

Thanks a lot Bruce!  I did find the system variables already, very useful.  I believe I may be able to access them via C# directly if I swig them right, which will make it easy to report the chat script version, etc in the plugin asset inside of unity.

login or register to react