AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Repeating gambits

I would like to repeat the gambits for a certain topic. Same questions, different subject, same topic. Like getting a list of movies from a factset and repeating the same questions randomly about it for different movies. however i don’t see how to do this since a gambit can only be reused to repeat it. The only way I can think of is to have a central repeatable responder that has optional reuse statements in it for each gambit. Is there a better way?

[ # 1 ]

In order for gambits in a topic to work in progression, they must erase themselves.  If you want the same gambits in a topic to work with different movies available, then when you invoke the topic (eg gambit(~movies)  ), you should first reset it. 
reset(topic ~movies)
gambit(~movies)

that would be the way to handle that.  Similarly, one could as the last gambit of the topic do something like

t: ^keep() It’s been fun chatting about the movies. ^reset(topic ~) poptopic(~)

or something like that.  you need keep at the end because it wont be erased as a rule until after the reset happens. And you need to leave the topic now, lest the topic still be current and stuck on this gambit.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks Bruce. However, I am using this topic to see if a generic topic like movies can be adapted with facts to match specific in that topic like The Matrix and Kill Bill. If I have have facts about the specific like if i watched, enjoyed the movie, and my most favorite, disliked scene do you think it could work for a chatbot ? Rather than creating specific topics? I guess this will lead to more generic question asking and responses but perhaps that can be mixed up by using optional responses and gambits to say the same thing in different ways.

Also, when I ask have you seen X yet for movie from a factset I use pick. It can potentially use the same fact again so I suppose I should work in something to track if all questions regarding this fact have been used up right? Maybe respond with something like “Lets talk about something besides X” if the user pursues the subject?

[ # 3 ]

I’m afraid I dont really understand your first paragraph questions.

and yes, pick as a random can pick the same. But you can track if a fact has been used. You could just walk the list in order, and keep where you are in the list as a fact. Or whatever.

login or register to react