AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Don’t upgrade to CS 5.3 UNLESS

This version is backwards incompatible (see changes.txt) because some variables that communicate with the system have been renamed. You need to edit your scripts (:build will tell you where and how) and your existing user topic files will be ignored.

If that is not a problem, then feel free to upgrade.

[ # 1 ]

How do you update topic files to 5.3?

[ # 2 ]

the rawdata source files, when you try to :build, will give you error messages on specific lines telling you that you need to change from xxx to yyy.  Then you use a text editor and do so…. In my case I could just use a global file edit across the folder to change all occurrences at once (I have a lot of projects).  But in your case, the number of places that need editing will be few.

[ # 3 ]

If you want to know how to change user topic files in the USER folder to be correct, the short answer is you dont.

The long answer is you could edit a topic file to replace the text strings that need to change (user variables list) AND change the version id info at the start of the file to use the new version id on topic files.

[ # 4 ]

Hi Bruce, Im returning to ChatScript after finishing other programming tasks.
could you tell me, if there are some changes in documentation aswell in this new 5.31 version?

Thanks Advanced.

[ # 5 ]

top level:  changes.txt roughly names what things change and then you can look up appropriate documentation for them.

login or register to react