AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Accessing the built-in ontology of CS

Intend to explore the existing concept sets of CS. Had run :build 0.

How can I get to know the content of all those sets in order to see if I can use them?
- concepts.top in ontology folder? Looks like not the complete set.
- :do ^loop(10) {^pick(~dayname),} to peek on known concepts - doesn’t work for many of them (e.g. ~name, ~money, ~dateinfo…) !?

Many thanks.

[ # 1 ]

to see the members of a concept, you can do :down ~dayname

Some concepts are defined in WORLDDATA. Most are defined in ONTOLOGY. Some are strictly in the engine and cannot be enumerated. The parser stuff like ~verb, the numeric stuff like ~number and ~money, the name stuff like ~humanname.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks for the explanation. Concepts like ~number, ~money, ~humanname seem to be good resource. Is there any way we can use them explicitly?

[ # 3 ]

Depends on what you mean by “use them explicitly”

you can react to non-finite sets in patterns, but you cannot generate values from them. 

[ # 4 ]

I guess you mean I can do :testpattern (~femalename) nancy but not :do ^pick(~femalename).

Yes I do want to generate value by picking members out. But if that’s not supported I can find my way out. Still enjoying so much everything that CS provides.

Many thanks Bruce.

[ # 5 ]

You could always create a few concepts that you can pick from… ~myfemalename(Nancy Jane Harriet) picking names that will overlap so you can match on one and generate on the other. 

One could also “generate” values for many of the internal sets which have dictionary bits on them (like some existing numbers and names) by using ^walkdictionary and in your function testing for values of ^properties or ^flags (the values of all predefined constants are defined in dictionarysystem.h

[ # 6 ]

Thanks for the advice, Bruce.

The ^walkdictionary/^properties/^flags approach looks great but also a little advanced to me yet. I guess I’ll have a chance to explore it later when I’m tackling more complicated cases.

login or register to react