AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

PostgreSQL ANSI or Unicode?

[ # 46 ]

to get all logs in one place does require usig a server.

What/why does “fast as possible” mean?  How many users, what are they doing?  If it responds to them in user timeframe (under 1 second) what does it matter if it is 250 ms or 500 ms or 20 ms.  What does it matter to a user?

[ # 47 ]

Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply
sorry I had a typo it was ‘as fast as possible’, because a PC will be talking with 70 users at same time, so if it takes 1 second to respond the first user Message, and then quickly go to talk to the next one, and so on…, then it will take 70 seconds to come back to the first user. I would like, to reduce that ‘loop’ time to 10 seconds or less if possible. Hope Im not wrong. The kind of message the users are sending are really simple and short (90% of time, from 6 to 12 words in a single line). Now, what about if instead of talking with 70 users at same time, CS server would have to talk with 700 at same time?

Thanks for your support Bruce, nice software.

[ # 48 ]

Response time is not the sum of your users.  Each user takes their time getting to and from the server more or less independently on separate threads and connections. So the CS server might have to process 70 users in a second which it could do at 10 ms per user, and other threads handle communication. NOT that users can actually communicate once a second themselves.  They will take time to type their input, see the output, and react.

[ # 49 ]

Thanks Bruce, so CS server process the incomes independently and there are other threads that handle communications, Im wondering can these other threads handle 70 or 700 communications at same time with no problem? how much time they take to send respond? Hope I got it right, thanks advanced.

[ # 50 ]

Its the right idea.  How many threads you can have varies based on your hardware and default (or assigned) thread count

[ # 51 ]

I could swear I read something about thread count in the server manual, Ill check it out, Thanks for your support Bruce, congrats.

‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4

login or register to react