AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

newlines in output

Page 20 Basic Users Manual says

Literal Output \
To output characters that have reserved meaning to the engine, like [ and ], you need to
put a backslash immediately in front of them. In particular, to force a newline you use \n.

this gambit

t: Hello. I’m Chatty Yesbot. I like to discuss Prolog, and more generally,
  declarative and functional programming.\n
  I also like to discuss AI topics.\n
  Otherwise, I’m dumb as a post. Probing me to see if I’m an AGI
  will rapidly show I’m not.\n
  What do you want to talk about?
  a: (~why) If you tell me what you want to talk about it helps me give reasonable responses.

results in this output:

Hello. I’m Chatty Yesbot. I like to discuss Prolog, and more generally, declarat
ive and functional programming.n I also like to discuss AI topics.n Otherwise, I
‘m dumb as a post. Probing me to see if I’m an AGI will rapidly show I’m not.n W
hat do you want to talk about?
  >

I’m on Windows 7, is this a line endings issue?

I’ve checked, it’s not my front end. Happens straight from the local server too.

[ # 1 ]

Currently use of the \  is intended at the start of a token. Sticking \n onto your periods means it is not recognized separately. For now, add a space before your \n.  I will work to improve that in a future release.

[ # 2 ]

fixed in next release. It will check for escaped single characters at ends of words in output and separate them correctly.

[ # 3 ]

8cD
Thanks Bruce - hope I’m soon doing more bug reporting and contributing and less bugging you with my bafflement.

I’m really liking ChatScript, and now using it in three projects.

login or register to react