AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

No Match Message.

When I am creating a topic I use a bare bones version of Harry and the simplecontrol.top control script.  I flag the topic with Keep and Repeat and also use ^keep and ^repeat in each of the responses because in the topics I have been creating I want to be able to reuse them.

It seems that the responses are appropriate for a few tries and then eventually I get “No match” then afterwards no pattern will match and the only response I get is “No Match.” and I have to “Build Harry” again. 

My question is where is the message “No Match.” coming from?  Why wouldn’t the worst case be the last response in simplecontrol.top “I don’t know what to say.”?

My current topic has no uses of ^refine and no rejoinders and no uses of ^retry.

[ # 1 ]

if your topic has keep and repeat on it, putting them on responders is of no merit. The only thing you can affect is gambits and generally you wouldn’t use keep or repeat on a gambit.

“no match” is not a message in the engine nor in Harry.  If I were going to try to find it, what I would do is:
1. execute sentences until the problem arose
2. :trace all
3. :retry
4. examine the log for message:  and see what happened just before that.

If you can’t find it, you can email me the log.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks for the advice.  My “barebones” chatbot was not as barebones as I had assumed and I had left in a testing topic whose last catch all topic did indeed reply with “no match”.  I had just replaced the simplecontrol.top file and had convinced myself that it had to do with changes in that file.  I appreciate all of the functionality you have included in the Chatscript engine for debugging and especially all of the system variables and system commands that are available.

login or register to react