AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Speech Input Html5 and google

[ # 16 ]

the php he supplied works in conjunction with the ui.php I supplied, which is the file that has the ip of CS.

[ # 17 ]

OK, I think I understand. We are still on an older version of CS which did not have the UI.php file. I have downloaded the latest version with the WEBINTERFACE folder and will work with that.

Doug

[ # 18 ]

Hi Doug and thanks for checking out the updated client files.  Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions.

I am more of a Database and Business Intelligence guy and not a “web guy” either.  I have uploaded the missing UI.php file (which I have not altered) to the project but it will need to be configured per the CS server instructions from Bruce.  I had actually forgotten it was there since it has been awhile since I set up the original client to work with the server.  At the time I set it up I remember I had to Google how to enable PHP on my Windows 7 machine.  I have it working with IIS and I have placed the files in the wwwroot folder. 

I think that the ui.php file would need to be rewritten as a windows asp.net web project and would need to handle the front-end webpage requests and establish a TCP client connection to the CS server in order to have it work without installing PHP.

Please let me and others know if you get this updated php client version working successfully for you.

[ # 19 ]

Hi Alaric,

This seems to be working beautifully. I installed PHP on my web server (that was a little dicey but I finally got it configured correctly) edited the PHP files accordingly and started chatting away! Google Speech to text seems pretty robust and the text to speech is fairly nice too. I will need to play with it a bit to learn how to get different voices as some of our characters are male.

Thanks for all your effort on this! It will make a nice addition to our project.

Doug

[ # 20 ]

(Unable to delete)

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react