AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

My chatbot that learned everything from scratch

Hello everyone!
I am a brazilian programmer of software/web and i love Artificial Intelligence.
For a long time since i saw WIN-ALICE I decided to create my own chatbot.
I decided create something that mimics what is told for it, without any pre word stored, so it started completely from zero. The algoritm consists in to create ontologies between what is heard and what is said and the database.
Now it have about 4k different words and 10k different phrases relations… The bigger data is in portuguese, but, as people already have talked with it in english it can speak in english as well.
http://www.alifebit.com/deway/web_talk.php

[ # 1 ]

In the moment it is still learning, and so far i don’t have a good solution to make it keep inside a topic for a long time, so sometimes it sounds very random, but as an experiment I guess it is interesting.
It don’t have opinion or humor, so i would not improve much this one, I guess when i learn a little more about neural networks I would be able to create something more complete.

[ # 2 ]

Interesting bot- I like the view the thinking and buffer features.  But you are using a very error prone approach (learning from user input). 

The db appears to be filled with a lot of typical internet-level semi babbling text (maybe that is just non native English speakers speaking English though). 

You might consider using a Corpus of some sort (harvesting twitter/chatrooms/irc streams to get “call-response” patterns?) to train the bot up to a level where it can get a reasonable solution for (at least some of) the user input.

Input: hi
Output: hello

Input: bye
Output: ?

Input: hi
Output: don’t think i’m goin to be able to talk to you for a while

Input: why not

Input: what is new
Output: some philosopy is simple

Input: what time is it
Output: u would contradict a fundamental theorem of particle physics

Input: what is your name
Output: the sky is blue. did you know that?

Input: who are you

[ # 3 ]

Carl B. Thanks for all your considerations.
I Know there is a lot of work need until i can call it a real chatbot, but as i am using a different way to do that, i think that worth to try. I have a few new ideas and just need find time to work on it.
Maybe, as I am creating it without a real application, I can experimenting everything, even try to see if i can make him decide what is “babbling text” and what is not, and learn from it. But, if i was creating it with a commercial purpose, I would not allow it learn directly from the user input.
You pointed me a nice solution to feed the db harvesting internet! smile
I thank you again for your time and feedback.

login or register to react