AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Reporting a substitution issue

I hit this one and need help to resolve it. It looks like in CS 5.31 the pattern “sorry.” will be parsed as un-known word. Please refer to the screen shots.

All other interjection substitutions seem to work fine. Only this “sorry” pattern!

This is annoying because sentence like “I’m sorry. I can’t help.” can not be matched.

Any advice? Many thanks.

Image Attachments
cs_sorry1.pngcs_sorry2.png

[ # 1 ]

I haven’t gone back to check that version. It works for me in 5.51.  You might upgrade to that and see if it works. Otherwise I could look back at your version and see what happened.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks. Didn’t notice the coming of 5.4 and 5.5. I will check it out myself. It is not a good idea to bother you to work on prior releases.

[ # 3 ]

it’s a bug in cs.  fixed internally now, will release this weekend.

[ # 4 ]

Thanks for the action Bruce.

You mean fixed in back release 5.3?

[ # 5 ]

not likely. it was fixed in the release that came out aug 8 area. which would have been 5.5x (whichver one came out then)

[ # 6 ]

This is to report that, as I just installed the following latest version, the bug looks like still there. Thanks for any action.

ChatScript-5.53a.zip 2015-08-16 72.5 MB 6161 weekly downloads

[ # 7 ]

I do not repeat your bug either using :prepare or using :testpattern.
Command: :testpattern (~emoapology) i am sorry.
Matched
Command: :prepare I am sorry.
TokenControl: DO_SUBSTITUTE_SYSTEM DO_NUMBER_MERGE DO_PROPERNAME_MERGE DO_SPELLCHECK DO_INTERJECTION_SPLITTING DO_PARSE

Original User Input: I am sorry.
Tokenized into: I am sorry . 
Substituted (essentials interjections ) into: ~emoapology
Actual used input: ~emoapology

Xref: 1:~emoapology  
Fragments: 1:~emoapology  
badparse Tagged POS 1 words: ~emoapology () 
  MainSentence:  PRESENT

Concepts:

1: ~emoapology raw=  +~sentenceend(1)  +~emoapology(1)  +~interjections(1)  //
1: ~emoapology canonical=  // 

sequences=
After parse TokenFlags: DO_ESSENTIALS DO_INTERJECTIONS PRESENT PERIODMARK USERINPUT FAULTY_PARSE NOT_SENTENCE

[ # 8 ]

Thanks for the verification. I have a different set of token control flags, which may be the cause. I’ll check it out.

login or register to react