AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Hello ! I’m new

Hello,

First of all, I apologize for my english, this is not my first language.
I’m a 28 years old developper. I always wanted to create AI (since I started using computer and programming at the age of 14). I don’t have a scientific/electrical/biological background but I’m good at understanding and learning. I can apprehend complex subjects if it’s explained to me.

I developped many AI from basic to multi semi intelligent program. From basic architecture to satelites modular architectures. I’ve worked on many AI subject as Natural Language Processing or Neural Networks for example.

I come here to discuss about AI but mostly because I’m strucked on the brain neural behavior. I’ve read many article on the action potential and the chemical/electrical communication between neurons.
I think I got a good understanding of this subject but I’m limited in information. For example, I can’t find where/how/under which form is coded the information in neurons.
Moreover, I think I misunderstand the way Threshold work (is it always the same for the neuron or can it changes ?) and after the spike, does the polarisation is reset to the resting value or does it come back to the threshold and go down with time ? (I’ve read different information on this point)

Does anyone want to discuss this matter ? Or have any article that could clarify some points in order to go forward ?

[ # 1 ]

Welcome,

This Coursera course was the best I found. It was good for me to understand how neurons actually work.

https://www.coursera.org/course/compneuro

Computational Neuroscience
Understanding how the brain works is one of the fundamental challenges in science today. This course will introduce you to basic computational techniques for analyzing, modeling, and understanding the behavior of cells and circuits in the brain.

[ # 2 ]

that’s right coursera courses are valuable and useful. i too learning machine learning from the same. Utilise this well Mr.Pomme.  And then Mr. Pomme you are doing good at this young age

login or register to react
‹‹ Battle of Bots      Sentences List for my Bot ››