AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Cortana

Cortana on windows 10. Now that i finally was able to install windows ten i know what the new virtual assistant is like. I remain unimpressed by it as it works the same as all the other virtual assistants and i have tried several of them. I have used syn, Braina,  HARUMI and speak to it. The only real difference is that the voice recognition works better. IT is not a chatbot at all. You can not have a conversation with it. It is okay if u want to tell your computer to do something instead of type it but other then that i see no real advantage to it.

[ # 1 ]

I kind of thought Cortana was never designed to be a chatbot but rather an “Assistant” much like Google Now or Voice Actions or Siri. They are pretty great at providing answers to user’s questions, searches, locations, weather, sports scores, ticket purchases, traffic, emailing a friend or send messages, reminders, appointments, alarms, and countless other tasks which we have come to deem so important in our lives.

Yes, sadly (for some) these “Assistants” couldn’t carry a conversation in a bushel basket! (and that’s a fairly large container).

It would add greatly to the “Cool factor” if they could carry a role as a conversationalist, mentor, teacher, companion, tutor, friend for the elderly, lonely, shut-in, or just someone who needs to pass the time with some topical, friendly chat!

Even better, if they could connect us with our homes, appliances, lighting, alarms, Internet connected “things”, be that Assistant AND provide a decent level of conversational chat while answering questions and remembering what we spoke about!

Not yet perhaps but maybe one day!!

login or register to react