AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

“bad number for ... in missingLabel.txt at ...” - help please

Pardon me but I need to re-open this one since the warnings pile up more and more when I use ^reuse() in some script lines.

I have attached the test script with the build log warnings. I’d appreciate any advice to improve the situation.

Many thanks.

Image Attachments
cs_label_test.gifcs_label_test_2.gif

[ # 1 ]

I have no trouble with this:

topic: ~et_test_for_label_1 repeat keep()
t: \n ready? $f = null
u: (!$f) $f = yes
$$ii = -1 $lmt = length(~tf1_a)
reuse(mainout)

s: mainout(?) $ii += 1
if ($ii >= $lmt) {reuse(exit) end (rule)}

s: exit(?) test done.

Try that and see what happens for you.  Also… confirm you are on the latest version in sourcesafe.

[ # 2 ]

Just tried it but the same result as attached below. I also did it under the 5.71a environment (if what you meant by latest version in “sourcesafe” really means sourceforge).

Could you advise what this “bad number…” warning intends to say? I’m just using the plain alphabetic labels not any different than those used in the examples in the manuals.

Just couldn’t figure out any clue. Appreciate any advice.

Image Attachments
cs_lable_test1.pngcs_lable_test1_log.png

[ # 3 ]

I suggest you email me your entire log file in case I can learn from that. After a build, you might send me your missinglabel.txt file from TOPICS folder.

If you are willing, actually email me your set of topic files and the filesxxx.txt file and I can try to build and replicate your problem here.  “bad number: nomally means the system is trying to parse a number and doesnt like the text it is seeing. It is trying to read the missinglabel file and not liking what it finds.

[ # 4 ]

Thanks so much for the kind advice and support. I will certainly email you the set of test files used in the above test so that you can help replicate the problem.

One immediate question here: I could not locate missinglabel.txt in the TOPICS folder (nor in the entire CS file space). I can only see files like dict1, facts1, keywords1, script1, patternWords1, macros1 etc. Could this be a problem?

[ # 5 ]

The file is transient in TOPICS. You’d have to be able to stop execution of the script compiler before the end.

[ # 6 ]

Could you kindly advise how to do that? I tried but really couldn’t figure out a way. Thanks.

[ # 7 ]

I’m not advising you on getting the transient file, because it would only show you the point of the error message, not the cause of the faulty information in the first place.  Hence why you should email me your source files. I will need to set a breakpoint in the system at the point of the error, examine it, and then probably set breakpoints earlier when it is caused

[ # 8 ]

Sure Bruce. Just wanted to see if I could try something to save any effort on your side.

I will email your the source files right away. Many thanks.

[ # 9 ]

The issue is that ChatScript does not accept spaces in a file name.  Your file: test1 for label.top is the issue.  I recommend underscores instead of spaces.

[ # 10 ]

Is that right!? Such a simple issue. I can do that.

It really removed my headache! Thank you so much sir.

login or register to react