AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Running ChatScript on Android?

Hi,

I read that ChatScript is also running on android (as stated on the homepage or in the readme).

But to my surprise I haven´t found any additional Information on this.

Is there any documentation?
Can I run ChatScript on Android as a library?
How does it work?

Thank you,
Tobi

[ # 1 ]

android and ios are the same idea. No library comes presupplied. You have to compile the sources of CS in the SRC directory. Mac people build their compile list based on the make file in src.  Similarly for Android you’d have to do the same thing.

[ # 2 ]

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply.

Can you give me some more hints on what I would have to do for that?
Can I compile a library to use with android studio in java? Or do I have to use c++ than for my app?

[ # 3 ]

I would be really happy if someone could get me some more hints on how to use ChatScript on Android.
I only have experience in developing Android Apps with Java.
I did a little research and found that it is possible to develop c++ apps too, somehow.

Has anybody managed to get ChatScript working on Android or is this just a concept idea?
If its just a concept, how does it work?

Can I compile ChatScript as a library?

[ # 4 ]

It is doable, but I don’t know how. There is a CS product on android.

[ # 5 ]

Can you tell me the name? Maybe I can find more information with that.
Thanks,
Tobi

[ # 6 ]

The company that did that will not help you. Sorry

[ # 7 ]

That means that there is noone here to give me some advices to start with?

[ # 8 ]
Bruce Wilcox - Dec 17, 2015:

android and ios are the same idea. No library comes presupplied. You have to compile the sources of CS in the SRC directory. Mac people build their compile list based on the make file in src.  Similarly for Android you’d have to do the same thing.

Ok, I made progress.
I managed to successfully call cs functions on android.

I call “InitSystem(0, NULL);” and I get the return code 0.
I call “PerformChat(“test123”, “”, “”,”“,output);” the first time I get the answer “No such bot.”

I would excpect that behaviour cause I don´t know how to add the file system to android yet.
Using windows this is clear to me, but there I know the working directory of my application.

So i know have two questions:

- How can I get the log output from Chatscript thats printed in the console window in windows?
- Where do I have to put the Chatscript Filesystem? What do I set the init arguments to then (char* unchangedPath, char* readablePath, char*
writeablePath, USERFILESYSTEM* userfile)?

If these questions are too specific, maybe someone can explain this file procedure a little bit more?

Thanks,
Tobi

login or register to react