AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Using ChatScript in other languages.

On the forum, in one of the threads, I read that someone had implemented ChatScript in Spanish.

Is that implementation language specific?  Actually, I want to identify the things that needs to be done to use ChatScript in some other language.

Can a generic framework be designed to use ChatScript in any language?

[ # 1 ]

see https://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/1725/

[ # 2 ]

Have already gone through this thread, but that discussion wasn’t covering details on how to extend current English implementation for other languages (so, opened a separate thread). I mean, I want to list down all the action points that need be done to port ChatScript to some other language. And once the action points are identified, probably think of creating a generic framework (pluggable?) for different languages. Not sure whether I’m making sense here.

[ # 3 ]

If you want the full power of CS in english
1. a dictionary which has all the base words and their properties and an ontology hierarchy for them in the dictionary
2. code for taking an inflected form and deciding upon a root form and performing pos-tagging decisions
3. code for parsing the language
4. concepts defined in that language

login or register to react