AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Using AWS

I am debating setting up my bot with AWS so I can test it out with other users online. However this is the first I’m hearing of AWS and would like to know if some questions can be answered:

-How does one interface with the server on AWS? I realize using WinSCP you can transfer all files to it but what if I wanted to edit the topic file on the server(with Notepad++ or Sublime) instead of editing it locally and then transferring the file?

-Is there some GUI for working with EXEs on the server? Otherwise how would I run files on the server?

-Does the current script in WEBINTERFACE support multiple users on a bot so that the webbot can save variables and facts of online users?

-Does amazon support linking Amazon usernames with names on the bot?

[ # 1 ]

I use WinScp to transfer files, and it can use Putty to provide a terminal interface.  I edit my files locally and SCP them up, but presumably you could edit using VI in the terminal window.  But I use the cheapest aws instance, so cant run 2 copies of CS together. Meaning if the server is running, I can’t also do :build in a local instance.

The terminal window would allow you to launch your server using nohup ./LinuxChatScript64 &  and then you can safely kill the terminal window.  I use cron with the LINUX/jobs.cron file to have the server auto restart whenever I take it down to revise, or if it should crash.

All of the webinterfaces are browser interfaces to a running CS server. By definition the CS server supports multiple users and facts and variables of them are saveable per user.

There is user authentication mechanism to link amazon user names with names on the bot. I currently store users as their ip address. You could ASK users to supply an email address as their login to insure uniqueness, but its up to the user to cooperate or not

login or register to react